Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGR AX #8 at Marina
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
DanT
come on out and experience one of hte best AX surfaces in Norcal biggrin.gif

who is going to make it out?

need one more win in class to sew up the season in my class. Damned 987Ss and 996s. Great classing huh? dry.gif

Chris Pincetich
I'll be there if all goes well. beerchug.gif
After movin and stuff I can finally get back to bringing my 914 up to spec with all the mods I entered over the winter to arrive at AX12. With Larry S and his RS this has been a tough class! I can loose a little more weight and have a new high-flow+colder intake air filter set-up that should be ready be next weekend.

I might be rockin some of those Hankook stickers next year. Have you earned any contingency $$$ yet?
DanT
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Sep 20 2007, 05:57 PM) *

I'll be there if all goes well. beerchug.gif
After movin and stuff I can finally get back to bringing my 914 up to spec with all the mods I entered over the winter to arrive at AX12. With Larry S and his RS this has been a tough class! I can loose a little more weight and have a new high-flow+colder intake air filter set-up that should be ready be next weekend.

I might be rockin some of those Hankook stickers next year. Have you earned any contingency $$$ yet?

nope, not enough competitors in my class. I might try to move up or down for next season to get some more competition.
Chris Hamilton
I'll be there! Hopefully I can slap some suspension bushings on the car next week.

by the way, dan, do you have a limited slip in that orange car?
DanT
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Sep 23 2007, 12:50 PM) *

I'll be there! Hopefully I can slap some suspension bushings on the car next week.

by the way, dan, do you have a limited slip in that orange car?

nope, totally stock transaxle, gearing and all. biggrin.gif
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Sep 23 2007, 02:07 PM) *

That last event really showed me how much I'm hurting for one, just couldn't keep that inside tire planted all weekend.
DanT
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Sep 23 2007, 09:05 PM) *

That last event really showed me how much I'm hurting for one, just couldn't keep that inside tire planted all weekend.

Chris, I think presently your biggest issue is suspension....stiffer springs and torsion bars, big front sway bar, Bilstein sports or Koni adjustables etc....do you have anything over stock pieces now?
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Sep 23 2007, 09:08 PM) *

Chris, I think presently your biggest issue is suspension....stiffer springs and torsion bars, big front sway bar, Bilstein sports or Koni adjustables etc....do you have anything over stock pieces now?

Everything is nearly stock right now. No rear bar, small front bar.

Got some KYBs in the front, something else in the rear. Will eventually end up getting some good billsteins. Oversteers like crazy right now, gonna try and tune the oversteer out with a limited slip, then see if it still needs a larger front bar.

I've heard a limited slip will tend to make the car pushy, so I'd like to wait till it's installed before I run around buying suspension parts to balance the car, only to find them incorrect later.
DanT
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Sep 23 2007, 09:57 PM) *

Got some KYBs in the front, something else in the rear. Will eventually end up getting some good billsteins. Oversteers like crazy right now, gonna try and tune the oversteer out with a limited slip, then see if it still needs a larger front bar.

I've heard a limited slip will tend to make the car pushy, so I'd like to wait till it's installed before I run around buying suspension parts to balance the car, only to find them incorrect later.

suspension is cheaper than limited slip, and if your car is set up correctly the limited slip will be less important.
Also how are your longs? any area of rust that would lead to chassis flexing? (more than usual?) biggrin.gif
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Sep 23 2007, 10:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Sep 23 2007, 09:57 PM) *

suspension is cheaper than limited slip, and if your car is set up correctly the limited slip will be less important.
Also how are your longs? any area of rust that would lead to chassis flexing? (more than usual?) biggrin.gif

Nope, the car has 60K miles on it and was nearly always garaged. No significant rust. Rollbar helps the chasis stay pretty stiff.
grantsfo
I agree with dan, chris your car needs lots o suspension work, before a Lsd is going to do much. I never felt like my old car needed an lsd and I consistently was in top of my class. I'd focus on suspension and tires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.