Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto Atlanta spontaneous get together to celebrate Dave Hunt's arr
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Open house beer and Burgers by Al Festivities start at 12:00 Saturday September 22 Al Meridith will be doing the grilling! Maybe we can see how many 914s (besides ours!) we can gather up on the spur of the moment!

Let us know if you are coming so we can plan the food.
blitZ
Aye beerchug.gif
dwillouby
Would love to be there. Too short notice. Family plans. mad.gif
David
BIGKAT_83
"C" ya saturday...............

driving my 914.
904svo
I'l be there.

driving.gif
abbott295
Got lots to do, as usual, and usually most of it doesn't get done anyway. 914 is not running yet after being flipped, can I bring the Bimmer if I come (and the driver too)?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(abbott295 @ Sep 20 2007, 04:13 PM) *

Got lots to do, as usual, and usually most of it doesn't get done anyway. 914 is not running yet after being flipped, can I bring the Bimmer if I come (and the driver too)?

you can certainly bring that car and park it at the bottom of the lot! I thought that we could get a group shot of all of the 914s from the roof across the street@
Lavanaut
I'd love to come! Maybe if I leave now....
pfierb
George ,You should give a party back home in Connecticut or on Block Island ....The drive to Georgia is a little far....Thanks for the invitation though.
Cheers Paul F.
Pat Garvey
George,

Thanks for the invite. Wish I could be there in any car. No vacation time left & I work Saturdays. Sorry.

ENJOY, all who can make. We'll expect pics next week.
Pat
Bleyseng
Dave, pick me up a set of those tiny fan flaps! George is backordering em on me.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 21 2007, 08:00 AM) *

Dave, pick me up a set of those tiny fan flaps! George is backordering em on me.

yes and da.n Porsche is discontinuing them! One side only we have available! We are going to have them made.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(pfierb @ Sep 20 2007, 06:52 PM) *

George ,You should give a party back home in Connecticut or on Block Island ....The drive to Georgia is a little far....Thanks for the invitation though.
Cheers Paul F.

As a original Connecticut boy I lament the fact that my Dad Stuck me here when he was transferred with Equifax when I was in 10th and 1/2 grade! "I cudda have gone to Woodstock!"
ConeDodger
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 21 2007, 09:17 AM) *

Cheers Paul F.

As a original Connecticut boy I lament the fact that my Dad Stuck me here when he was transferred with Equifax when I was in 10th and 1/2 grade! "I cudda have gone to Woodstock!"

Woodstock is a state of mind George... Open yourself up to your inner hippie and you will find yourself there... smoke.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you Doctor. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 21 2007, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 21 2007, 09:17 AM) *

Cheers Paul F.

Woodstock is a state of mind George... Open yourself up to your inner hippie and you will find yourself there... smoke.gif

JFJ914
See you tomorrow!
crash914
Hey, I live in woodstock...md that is...
ConeDodger
Glad to hear that Dave is getting a reception and getting his engine put together for good... Have a burger and a beer for me and enjoy the day... These cars are really just the glue that brings us all together. beerchug.gif grouphug.gif rolleyes.gif
watsonrx13
Hey, when Al get's there, someone remind him to check his e-mail and/or his PM from this site.... I'm trying to get in touch with him.... shades.gif

You guys have a great time and take plenty of photos...

-- Rob
pfierb
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 21 2007, 12:17 PM) *

Cheers Paul F.

George,If you had gone to Woodstock you would be driving Volvos now.
Paul F.
DNHunt
Made it to Atlanta. Drove around the airport one lap. Already been lost once but I finally made it to the motel. Even though I had on a Camp 914 hat the fools at Enterprise gave me a car with 415 miles. Fortunately, they've never been on this site. See you all tomorrow.

Dave
blitZ
It was nice meeting Dave, hope he survives Jake's boot camp. Thanks George for letting us use your establishment and providing refreshments. We had a nice get together, should do more of these.

Here are a few pics.

black - Sterlings with the Lexus V8, sounded sweet.
blue - mine
orange - Bobs nice chevy V8
silver - Jason's
silver 912E in the background - Al Merideth
DNHunt
It was sure nice to meet everyone yesterday. Thank you one and all. I had great time other than getting a sunburn. We guys from the PNW are only used to 30 minutes at a time with a break in the middle for a little shower. Nice people and cool cars.

I can't remember everyones names so I'll post the pics and let people identify themselves

Click to view attachment

As always everything revolves around food, beer and the cars

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

904svo
I had a great time there, I would like to thank George for letting us have the
meeting there.

beerchug.gif
JFJ914
Thank you, George! This get together was historic, there were TWO running aircooled cars attending! Usually only the wasser ones show up. By the way Bob, I do too have a 914 just ask Al or Larry they've seen it! Secondly, you're on for that $200 paint job you promised. I'll buy all the beer you can drink!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I certainly enjoyed hosting for all of you. Dave is truly a dedicated 914 soul to go through everything he did with his engine build!!!!!!!
I am totally open to you guys using the facility in the future. I could only think of one better meeting place than here, enjoying the 914 comraderie while looking at all of the 914s!
Pnambic
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Sep 23 2007, 02:00 PM) *

Thank you, George! This get together was historic, there were TWO running aircooled cars attending! Usually only the wasser ones show up. By the way Bob, I do too have a 914 just ask Al or Larry they've seen it! Secondly, you're on for that $200 paint job you promised. I'll buy all the beer you can drink!

Hmmm....whats this about a $200 paint job? Can we get a group buy deal on this? hahaha

Sorry I missed it, but also had family in town. Hope to make it next time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.