Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pic request: ground strap!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike souza
So I"ve burned out 2 head temp sensors in the last month, & I'm thinking it may be a grounding issue, so I jacked the car up (was told the ground strap would be visible between the transaxle/body) & didn't find it.

so does anyone have more detailed directions/ pictures for a newb?

oh & its a stock 75 1.8 btw

thanks!!!
sww914
It's a piece of flat braided wire, uninsulated, that runs from the back of the transaxle on the driver's side, straight up to an 8mm stud on the floor of the rear trunk. Some have been changed, mine is a piece of 2/0 gauge welder wire with eyelets on either end.
Rand
No pic, but mine is easily visible by looking behind the driver's side rear tire for what sww914 described.
Kirmizi
That ground strap is pretty obvious and if it is missing, well you may want to inspect your throttle and clutch cables too since they will act as a "ground" in it's absence. Mike
mike souza
ok, I'll check it out as soon as I wake up tomorrow!

thanks a lot guys, I really apreciate the help!
watsonrx13
Here's a pic of the tranny ground strap...

IPB Image

-- Rob
Cevan
Resized for better viewing:

Click to view attachment
mike souza
OK! sweet!

so I checked the strap, its there but in horrible shape.

I went to kragen, bought a 15 inch battery lead & put another ground further up, closer to the battery (From the front of the engine to the pass. side crossbar)
I'm going to Fibrecraft racing tomorrow to pick up a new stock ground strap as well.

its nice, the thing actually IDLES now!!!
...man I hate electrons

thanks for all your help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.