Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Challenge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
Topic description says it all! I'm bored! Nothing exciting/new happening here!

So, I'm laying down a challenge.

Between this moment and 8:00 pm EST, November 4th, whoever starts a topic relevant to this forum, and gets the most responses (i.e. "replies") wins a set of twenty of the finest detailing cloths for your 914. These are pre-washed & the softness of a ......, well, they're really soft. Can be re-used with gentle washing, unless you use them for surgery (then, I'd suggest you dispose of them per state laws). I'll pay shipping. Who can fault this!

The topic must be new & not a copy of an earlier one. I, alone, as the moderator, am incarnate in making the decision as to whether the topic is is a ripoff of something earlier.

All entrants MUST have the word "challenge" somewhere in the title or desription!

I'll be watching, and expect the hidden talents of this group to come through with some gems.

I am not eligible to play. My responses to any topics will not be considered (because I'm a post whore). I am the sole scorekeeper and promise to play fairly.

Any posts associated with my being completely absurd over 914/4's will be ecluded from the competition (just in case someone decides to bash me...again). I want some new info, else you can bash me all you want....because you KNOW I'll dish it out too.

Remember, you can respond to this post as much as you please, but it doesn't count, because I originated this post & can't play.

Think! There are lots of areas we haven't dealt with on 914's, from an originality or concours standpoint.

And, I'm not kidding about these detail cloths. I've used them for more than 25 years & they are the best. Not available to the general public, either.

Let's go guys & gals! The challenge starts right now - 10:25 pm, EST
Pat
Pat Garvey
Think I was joking?

The challenge is real, and I can give away anything I want - you may be surprised at what you get!

But, you MUST use the word "challenge" somewhere in the title or description!

Bowlsby already won 10 of them just for being first!

C'mon - come up with something entirely new!

Jeff did it, but I'll be surprised if it's the ultimate winner - it's sooo tech!
JeffBowlsby
Actually, Kevin posted the first challenge, I guess he gets the first ten towels...thumb3d.gif
Pat Garvey
Tick, tick, tick, tick........
Pat Garvey
"This the end........the end"

THIS challenge is kaput!

And....the winners are - none of you! Kidding!

Here's how I (the incarnate master of this Forum) have deemed the winners.

1. Rhodyguy - for being the first to post, and I'm at a loss as to why there weren't responses?????
2. DaveP - you TOOK the challenge & educated us! Suspect that thread hasn't ended.
3. Bowlsby - I expected your posts to be the tops, but you split them up - no matter, good stuff.

Each of you will recieve 20 of the "ultimate" detailing cloths - I thank you for making a small dent in my garage. I say 20 each, because you all played, and, though I've personally met none of you. I think you're kinda cool & great for 914 people! By the way, I'm not selling anything here - just have way more than I can use.

Take care of these babies - they should last a long time on the gentle cycle!

Either PM me with your addresses, or email me at porschefan@aol,com with same.

And....thanks guys!
Pat
davep
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 20 2007, 07:25 PM) *

Between this moment and 8:00 pm EST, November 4th, whoever starts a topic relevant to this forum, and gets the most responses (i.e. "replies") wins a set of twenty of the finest detailing cloths for your 914.
Let's go guys & gals! The challenge starts right now - 10:25 pm, EST
Pat

Wow, and thanks.

I was just getting warmed up here thinking I had another month to light some fires under all the members I need to get to respond. You are correct though, my thread is nowhere near finished.
Dave
1970 Neun vierzehn

Between this moment and 8:00 pm EST, November 4th,
Pat

Jeez, October just seemed to blow right by me #@!&%* and I missed Haloween as well. sad.gif
tommy914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Oct 4 2007, 10:37 PM) *

Pat

Jeez, October just seemed to blow right by me #@!&%* and I missed Haloween as well. sad.gif

Old People. Always forgetting what they said, even when it's written down. av-943.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(tommy914 @ Oct 4 2007, 08:46 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Oct 4 2007, 10:37 PM) *

Pat

Old People. Always forgetting what they said, even when it's written down. av-943.gif

agree.gif
davep
Poor Pat. He probably hasn't responded yet due to a severe case of av-943.gif
Pat Garvey
"chagrin" - humiliation, embarrassment, discomfirture, mortification.

Get the drift? I am chagrinned!

When I started the "challenge" I apparently thought it was already October.

Therefore, the original text referring to November 4th applies! Jeez, I'm so mortified (you'd think I'd be used to it by now!)!

Challenge continues - all the aforementioned awards are null & void. Ya got another month!

I should be in a home! Wait a minute, I am in a home - Oh, that kind!

Maybe you people need another moderator. No, I'd still put forth my stupid dribble.

Apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate the coments (well.......).

I can be such a doofus!
Pat
davep
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 5 2007, 04:21 PM) *

I can be such a doofus!

I resemble that remark! av-943.gif
What a pair we would make! drunk.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(davep @ Oct 5 2007, 09:02 PM) *

I can be such a doofus!

Oh yeah? Well I'm a bigger doofus than you! I mean, I ......., wait a minute, what did you mean. Are you diss'ing me? I can be more stupid tha you anytime - just ask me!

I don't get no respect!
Pat
davep
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 5 2007, 07:14 PM) *

(1) I can be more stupid tha you anytime - just ask me!
(2) I don't get no respect!

(1) If we make that a contest, I can assure you there will be no winner.
(2) Thankfully there is a double negative in there, and you are indeed well respected.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 5 2007, 07:14 PM) *

QUOTE(davep @ Oct 5 2007, 09:02 PM) *

I can be such a doofus!

Oh yeah? Well I'm a bigger doofus than you! I mean, I ......., wait a minute, what did you mean. Are you diss'ing me? I can be more stupid tha you anytime - just ask me!

I don't get no respect!
Pat

Hi Pat, Mr Challenge.

After reading this thing I am lost on what to do (Sr. moment).
Anyway, we love you for stirring the pot stirthepot.gif

Your 914-buddy

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.