Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct upholstery materials for my /6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
smontanaro
I have a 1970 914/6. It's mostly original (I think), but I'm aware that some of the interior bits are not correct. For example, it has basket weave door panels. I'm told that smooth is correct. So, for all the various bits of upholstery in my car (carpets, back pad, seats (butt and back), door tops, dash vinyl, steering wheel, and anything else I've forgotten) what is correct? What about carpeting in the trunks? I have two little pieces of "back seat" carpeting (even though I have the non-adjustable passenger seat and the footrest). Were these original? Do all cars have two?

Thx,

Skip Montanaro
post-whore-wannabe...

P.S. Am I allowed to icon_bump.gif as often as I wish to encourage more replies? biggrin.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Skip,
First, check the "nailed" threads at the top of this forum page to see how your /6 corresponds to what is presented as correct.
My early '70/4 has a small piece of unfastened carpeting that lies behind the (adjustable) drivers' seat. There is also a single piece of carpeting that is directly in front of each seat. The central tunnel has a piece that fits from between the tray separating the seats, forward to the front bulkhead. There is also a piece of carpeting that is fastened to the inside of the door sill area.
The rear trunk should have a single piece covering the horizontal area and the front trunk has carpeting over the spare tire (wood) cover and the front of the gas tank bulkhead. All this carpeting material is of the same color, weave and trim. I don't believe this carpeting varied during the first year of production (at least on the early cars that I've seen.
Some sixes had leather or corduroy seating surfaces or inserts.

As stated at the outset, look at the pics on the "interior" and "trunk" threads to get a start on where and how you are with your car.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.