Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question for Dr. Evil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cjllong
Hey Dr. Evil,

I have always been impressed with the way your rear trunk lid opens. Can I have the plans to make it work on my 914?
Jerry
.....BUMP!! ...........BUMP!!!!!!!!! ............BUMP!!!!
Dr Evil
Wow, I am flattered for the consideration, but are you sure you are looking for me? My rear and front trunks are stock except for the gas shocks that I got from CAMP and an ebay source (in the rear as I didnt want to cut the firewall).

Let me know exactly what you want and I can post pics of it with explanations. biggrin.gif
Cjllong
I think it was you that had a pic of a black 914 V-8 converstion, where the rear trunk lid opened from the middle out, then swung back, behind the rear bumper. (At least that's how it looked like it opened.) It would be nice to find out how that was done. I just obtained a free Chevy 350 and I've always wanted two 914 which were a mirror image of each other on the outside, one being stock and the other an absolute ROCKET! Anyway, I thought the way the rear trunk lid opened would be an awesome addition.

Chris
Rand
Sounds like "drive-ability" to me. Here's his car:

IPB Image
orthobiz
And that's the ONLY pic of that black car I've seen. I would love to see more, too!

Paul
Dr Evil
Yup, not me. That car is for sale, though biggrin.gif
Cjllong
Tha't the one. I'm not sure why I thought it was Dr. Evil's, but I knew somebody would figure it out! Thanks!

Rand
Maybe he will post. He has more pics. And video clips. And threads about how he did some of the work... In the mean time, read his blog, check the links in his sig, and try searching.

Here is one of the videos with some good views of the trunk lid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.