Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Website info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
My company needs to update there website, unfortunitaly it hasn't been touched in years. The problem, no one remembers who are host is, passwords or anyway to get in touch with some one to help. How can I find out who the host is or how to get our domain name back from us to reuse with another host for us.
VaccaRabite
DNS lookup and other tools

Go there, enter you website address into the box. It will tell you who owns what, and should even give you a hint on contact info.

Good luck
Zach
ruddyboys
Thanks, its a start
VaccaRabite
Did you try the second box the WhoIs finder?

Its pretty specific. Should give a contact phone number and lots more detail.

Zach
ruddyboys
Found the host (thanks Zach) and called the 800#, they need the account name and password that we do not have. They said they could email the info to the registered email address, that email is long gone. What can I do know????
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(ruddyboys @ Sep 21 2007, 01:30 PM) *

Found the host (thanks Zach) and called the 800#, they need the account name and password that we do not have. They said they could email the info to the registered email address, that email is long gone. What can I do know????

Do you archive your email? Any chance of going back to your backup tapes to find the email in question?

If you let the ISP know whats going on, they will most likely have a formal (or sometimes informal) procedure for a business in your situation. After all, the guy that set it up initially is not the owner, the business is the owner (so long as the initial guy was working as an agent of the business).

I had to do this once for a client, and in my case the procedure was simply telling them what was going on, and asking politely for the password. They probably should not have given it to me bootyshake.gif but it never hurts to ask.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.