Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOE M
When I turn my key aux. the fuel pump makes a loud ticking noise. I can also hear it when the car is running. Is it a bad pump or could it be a faulty ground. The ground is tied back to the bracket the pump is mounted to ( rusty bracket). Or is this normal for this type of solid state type of pump. 1972 914 with carbs.
Thanks
Cano
When I was still running a carb, my facet fuel pump made a similiar noise, but always worked fine. I think it is just the nature of the beast.
rhodyguy
does it look similar to this one? they're noisy by nature. if the mount backet is fastened directly to the chassis, metal to metal, you can lesson the racket by isolating the mounting point with a piece of rubber. keep the ground clean.

k
JOE M
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 21 2007, 09:55 AM) *

does it look similar to this one? they're noisy by nature. if the mount backet is fastened directly to the chassis, metal to metal, you can lesson the racket by isolating the mounting point with a piece of rubber. keep the ground clean.

k

Looks almost identical. it is on rubber isolaters but is still loud. sounds like it might be o.k no pun.
purple
i had one and it jammed.

replaced it with a cb rotary and never looked back. now all i have is a low hum

it would have helped if the rust from the tank didnt get into the pump, the p.o. put the fuel filter AFTER the pump, with no strainer in the tank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.