Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Factory Chassis Ride Height specs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
JeffBowlsby
A. What are the complete factory specs for the correct 914 Porsche chassis ride height? Indicate the chassis ride height specifications for each 914 model year, market (e.g. USA vs Europe) and 914/4, 914/6, if there were any differences. Include photos or a scan of the factory documentation of the specs in your response to this topic. (Hint: The factory specs did change during production - not all 914s should be the same) Factory 916, 914/8 and race cars are exempt from this listing.

B. Clearly indicate the points/surfaces the measurements are taken from.

C. What factory equipment must a 914 have installed to assure that the chassis ride height and suspension geometry are factory correct?

This data should be of immense importance to any decent concours person, and I hope to win them thar' rags, or split them with Wolfgang. Get them ready to ship Pat...biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 21 2007, 02:36 PM) *

A. What are the complete factory specs for the correct 914 Porsche chassis ride height? Indicate the chassis ride height specifications for each 914 model year, market (e.g. USA vs Europe) and 914/4, 914/6, if there were any differences. Include photos or a scan of the factory documentation of the specs in your response to this topic. (Hint: The factory specs did change during production - not all 914s should be the same) Factory 916, 914/8 and race cars are exempt from this listing.

B. Clearly indicate the points/surfaces the measurements are taken from.

C. What factory equipment must a 914 have installed to assure that the chassis ride height and suspension geometry are factory correct?

This data should be of immense importance to any decent concours person, and I hope to win them thar' rags, or split them with Wolfgang. Get them ready to ship Pat...biggrin.gif

I know SOME of the answers, but since I won't participate (so others can learn), my mouth is zippered (not easy for me).

The Great Bowslby has already won 10 of the "magic rags", just for being the first to come up with a really GOOD topic by the terms of the "challenge". Can he make it thirty? I make the rules. So I can give out what I want, when I want.

That's the challenge! You never know - there might be extra goodies!

BTW - this post does not count towards total posts.

Good, high tech stuff Jeff!

Thanks!!!!!!

1970 Neun vierzehn
Partial information for '70-'72 914/4, US version:

Car should have correct tire pressures, alignment, full fuel tank, spare tire and should be on a flat, level surface.

The ride height is the distance of the outside hub center minus 85-95mm. The ride height is then the distance between the level ground surface and the center of the front torsion bar, where the ride height is to be adjusted. The left and right side height spec should vary no more than 5mm.

I think this topic belongs in the "Garage" where the details can be expounded upon.

Paul (I really miss having my 914 sad.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.