Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original Carpets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Rick L
I have the original "brownie" interior with the honey gold carpet which is actually in good shape. It (the carpet) DESPERATELY needs cleaning. I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to clean it without destroying it.

Any Suggestions?
Johny Blackstain
Rick- I've got the Tan carpet in the LE. What can be removed I power washed rinsed w/ water. Sprayed Woolite carpet cleaner on it first & let it soak in. Dried them hanging on a plastic railing. Still working on the parts that are glued sad.gif . Been trying all sorts of spray & vac formulas, both home & auto & none seem to do anything except burn $$$ dry.gif .
Rick L
sad.gif That doesn't bode well.

None of my carpet is glued in since I had it painted, last year, so I can pull it out at will. biggrin.gif Did the woolite work on the pieces you pulled out?

Also, I just sent you an email about the rocker covers.

beerchug.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Sep 22 2007, 04:12 PM) *

sad.gif That doesn't bode well.

None of my carpet is glued in since I had it painted, last year, so I can pull it out at will. biggrin.gif Did the woolite work on the pieces you pulled out?

Also, I just sent you an email about the rocker covers.

beerchug.gif

Yes, very nice & not harsh on you or the old rugs. Cold water only & no solvents in the power washer, just high pressure water. Use the minimum setting on the thing & enjoy. Don't hang on metal to dry- rust! Keep out of sunlight drying.
Rick L
Schweet! pray.gif

Thanx, I'm on my way to the store!

Now if I can just figure out why it won't start....again! This time, no fuel! headbang.gif

I love my car! wub.gif barf.gif screwy.gif ar15.gif
Rick L
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Sep 22 2007, 05:12 PM) *

Schweet! pray.gif

Now if I can just figure out why it won't start....again! This time, no fuel! headbang.gif

A thorough investigation reveals a Fuel Gauge that reads 4/4 (full).....IT LIES!
Apparently, when my brother and I put the sender plug back together, we grounded it incorrectly.

The fuel tank is bone dry! slap.gif owned.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Sep 22 2007, 04:29 PM) *

QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Sep 22 2007, 05:12 PM) *

Schweet! pray.gif

A thorough investigation reveals a Fuel Gauge that reads 4/4 (full).....IT LIES!
Apparently, when my brother and I put the sender plug back together, we grounded it incorrectly.

The fuel tank is bone dry! slap.gif owned.gif

Don't be too hard on yourself. We've all been boneheads before. I, myself, have been a bonehead at least 30 times in the last 35 years with 914's. It happens, and you move on & learn.

Now, as to your carpeting. I have a "steam" cleaner that I bought from Sears 20 years ago. Worthless in the house (except for upholstery), but a gem in the garage. No harsh chemicals needed that may separate the textile from its backing. Cleans perfectly.

Only problem - I don't think they make it anymore. But you're welcome to come & use mine - I'm in SE Pa, close to Delaware & Jersey.
Pat
Rick L

Don't be too hard on yourself. We've all been boneheads before. I, myself, have been a bonehead at least 30 times in the last 35 years with 914's. It happens, and you move on & learn.

Now, as to your carpeting. I have a "steam" cleaner that I bought from Sears 20 years ago. Worthless in the house (except for upholstery), but a gem in the garage. No harsh chemicals needed that may separate the textile from its backing. Cleans perfectly.

Only problem - I don't think they make it anymore. But you're welcome to come & use mine - I'm in SE Pa, close to Delaware & Jersey.
Pat
[/quote]

Put fuel in the tank and whadaya know, it powered right up! driving.gif . Now I just need to figure out the right way to wire the sender plug, smash.gif

Pat that sounds like an excuse to get in the car and drive to southern PA! We'll have to set it up. I just ordered a shift linkage repair kit from PP. Hopefully that'll cure my 4th & 5th gear issues and I'll be on my way up. driving.gif burnout.gif
It may take a couple of weeks tho. The week of the 1st, I'll be in myrtle beach. golfer.gif It's a tough life, but somebody's gotta live it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.