Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Holy Sh!ti
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigkensteele
And not just any Ferrari. A 599 GTB Fiorano F1. And not just a ride around the block. A closed off airport setup as a road course.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3347.html

The local P-car dealership had an invitation only thing this evening at a local airport. My buddy and I decided to go and eat for free and maybe drive a Cayman or 911 for the fun of it. Plus they had a bunch of vintage WWII planes on display. We were there for about 5 minutes when this guy rolls up in the Ferrari. We start chatting the guy up and ask for a ride. He says sure. So, an hour later, I am in this thing. This is probably his sixth lap, so he knows the course by now. The brakes are smoking. All is right with the world. We are staged, and the starter tells him he can go. Off the line, I was not too impressed, but I think that he was probably saving his $10k clutch. When he laid into it, I was literally about to crap my pants. If you have been on one of the newer roller coasters that uses the magnetic fields to launch it - it was like that, but scarier. 0 - 60 claim for this car is 3.6 seconds, and I absolutely believe it. We were probably at 120 when he reached the first braking zone. On the back straight (runway) we got to 148 before he had to brake.

As soon as I figure out how to get the pics from my phone to my pc, I will post.

Still shaking 3 hours later.
Ken
BMXerror
OMG... You lucky shit! I almost crapped myself when I just SAW one of those in my town.
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Mark D.
Eric_Shea
Jim Tabor and I almost hit 120 on 1700 East while getting gear lube for Fiid. Same deal... damn braking zone came up. biggrin.gif

Sounds like a fun ride. Can't wait for the pics. Is it me or is that Ferrari starting to look a lot like a Cayman? wink.gif
bigkensteele
Wow. I really hate to disappoint with the pictures, but at least some of the blame goes to the Motorola Razor.
Chuck
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 21 2007, 10:15 PM) *

Is it me or is that Ferrari starting to look a lot like a Cayman? wink.gif

My first reaction to the pics was how much it looked like the new Corvette. dry.gif
Eric_Shea
Beside the blue hue thing those are some of the best camera pics I've seen.

You're right Chuck... that's an expensive Vette
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.