Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts cleaners and solvent disposal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
The YODSTER
I'm pursuing a job at Safety-Kleen, the nation's largest parts washer and solvent distributor. I'd like to hear from you if you use a parts washer to wash your Porsche parts or whatever.

What brand is your parts washer?
How large is your parts washer?
What is the largest part you wash in it?
How many parts do you wash weekly on average?
What solvent do you use in it?
How frequently do you replace the solvent?
How do you dispose of the old solvent?
Do you use a professional service to dispose the solvent?
If you do, what company?
What do you pay for this service?
Are you satisfied with this service? If not, why?
Have you ever been approached by anybody selling similar service? What were the difference/savings they promised?

The YODSTER
It's good to have friends
in greasy places.
914werke
I bought one for the garage a few yrs ago and filled it with solvent used the crap out of it until the inital tank of sol. was filthy. Tried to find where to dispose of and ...NOWHERE! I switched to Castrol's super detergent (forget the actual name) Cleans just as well and dosent get you High! blink.gif
Aaron Cox
Castrol Super clean?
Gint
What brand is your parts washer? Harbor freight floor model

How large is your parts washer? 20 gallons (Although that's too the top. It's only practical to put 8-10 gallons in it and expect to use it without showering with solvent.

What is the largest part you wash in it? I put a tranny in it once.

How many parts do you wash weekly on average? Not too many. Depends on the current project status. At full crank, about 10-20 a week maybe.

What solvent do you use in it? Regular old solvent whatever it is. Got it at NAPA

How frequently do you replace the solvent? It's been in there 2 years. As long as I don't scrape the goo off of the bottom, it works fine.

How do you dispose of the old solvent? N/A at this time (see previous entry). One of these days I'll have to figure that one out.

Do you use a professional service to dispose the solvent? See above

If you do, what company? N/A

What do you pay for this service? N/A

Are you satisfied with this service? If not, why? N/A

Have you ever been approached by anybody selling similar service? What were the difference/savings they promised? No
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.