Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7 CIS Fuel Injection is going to the Dump ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
I have a complete CIS fuel injection system from a core engine (1976 911 2.7) that is taking up garage space. The condition is unknown.

Should I just pitch the whole assembly or should I salvage any parts first?

My teener now has a 3.2 with Webers.

TIA

Eddie
carr914
Put it up for sale on Pelican and somebody will take it off your hands.

T.C.
Eddie914
What is a reasonable asking price?
Dr Evil
Ya, you might get $400-$500 for it on Pelican.
GeorgeRud
The basic parts can be used for an EFI system, so someone should be interested.
Chuck
Thinking a 3.2 for my car. How do you like yours? I was going to keep the Motronic as this will be a DD.
Eddie914
Chuck,

The 3.2 provides effortless grunt. 1000 rpm to 6000 rpm ... the power is always available and very linear. With the available torque and horsepower, the use of first gear in the stock 914 transmission is usually optional. Fuel mileage probably averages under 15 MPG since the car accumulates most of it's mileage at the track even though it is licensed and street driven regularly. The engine in my teener is a stock 1986 3.2 with apr rod bolts, 40mm Webers with 32mm chokes (until I get the 46's sorted out), 1 5/8 headers and nearly open exhaust.

I would have opted for FI but this engine did not come with the FI and my teener was already set up for a carb'd six.

Eddie
Allan
If you decide you just want to get rid of it I'll pay shipping. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.