914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TedK
Can any of you decipher this listing??

New Dash?
DanT
QUOTE(TedK @ Sep 22 2007, 10:30 AM) *

Can any of you decipher this listing??

New Dash?

from what I gather it is just a molded plastic cap that goes over the existing dash, to cover the cracks. they attach with adhesive/butyl

the dash caps have been around for years smile.gif
orthobiz
Craig has dashtops available:

Dashtop

More pricey than 88 bucks but I'll bet you get what you pay for!

Paul
porschecb
I bought one from that seller it works and looks great. Just cant leave in hot direct sun for a long period of time he says it could warp. But no problems yet.
TedK
Funny they mention Just Dashes in the ad. Based on prior experience with musclecars that is exactly where I will go for the dash restoration. No caps for me! Not that there's anything wrong with using them.

Cheers, Ted K
Coy
I have one of these and it looks better than a cracked dash. Craig's are REAL dashes that are re-done with better material. They look brand new, but are actually better than new because the vinyl won't crack. I will get one when I have the money to spend on a new interior.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I have one on my 914,I use it to protect the good dash under it. I saw a guy getting for a show once ,he pulled his off the dash cover,and WALA beautifull dash underneth ./ Why let the sun beat the hell out of it,( all those U.V. rays you know!
Yes they will warp if let get hot,then put them on something that will put a bend or twist to them. Cheap Ins. ,I think!!!! Dave slap.gif P.S.I got mine for $5.00 at a swap.
markb
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Sep 22 2007, 11:04 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

I have one on my 914,I use it to protect the good dash under it. I saw a guy getting for a show once ,he pulled his off the dash cover,and WALA beautifull dash underneth ./ Why let the sun beat the hell out of it,( all those U.V. rays you know!
Yes they will warp if let get hot,then put them on something that will put a bend or twist to them. Cheap Ins. ,I think!!!! Dave slap.gif P.S.I got mine for $5.00 at a swap.

Yep, on our 911 show car we put a cap over the dash to keep it in show condition. As you said, cheap insurance.
solex
I also purchased one of these dash cover. My dash was badly cracked. I use spray glue and 3M adhesive over the entire dash and then used a heat gun to bend over all edges I think it looks pretty good. Certainly better then it had...

Not a bad option on a budget
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.