Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front targa seal removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
whitey
I'm stripping my car for paint. How is the front targa seal and front door window seals removed. It seems as if these three seals (front targa seal and front door seals) are connected as one.

Thanks, Dave
craig downs
The seal is all one piece it goes across the top and down both sides of the windshield.
For the sides you can try to slide it up and out. If that doesn't work start at the bottom
and work it out of the groove of the aluminum strip. The top just slides off the
windshield frame just be careful
craig downs
The seal is all one piece it goes across the top and down both sides of the windshield.
For the sides you can try to slide it up and out. If that doesn't work start at the bottom
and work it out of the groove of the aluminum strip. The top just slides off the
windshield frame just be careful
scotty
...and there may or may not be a screw through the rubber to the windshield frame on the inside of the joint between teh top and the side on both sides.

If it's old and cracked, you're going to need a new one as they tend to come apart at the above mentioned joint.

good luck!
addwestern
I like using a little silicon spray around the edges- helps not to torque the seal that much.

markb
I'd spray the heck out of it with some kind of rubber lube before you remove it, unless it's going to be replaced.
Dave_Darling
One way is to tell your local 914 friends that your seal is complete and unbroken, and then leave them alone with the car for a few minutes. wink.gif

--DD
scotty
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 23 2007, 11:29 AM) *

One way is to tell your local 914 friends that your seal is complete and unbroken, and then leave them alone with the car for a few minutes. wink.gif

--DD

Soooo true! rolling.gif

olympic914.jpg
Richard Casto
I tried to document the process I used. That thread is here...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...64305&st=24

I can't edit the post in the classics forum now, but the URL for the process as described in that thread has been changed to...

http://motorsport.zyyz.com/project_914_02_10.htm

For me the entire process is a moot point as I probably will now just buy the replacement seal that was NLA at the time I documented the process.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.