Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much do regular steel 2.0 exchangers go for?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
koozy
How much do 2.0 regular steel (not stainless) heat exchangers in good shape go for now a days?

Mike
koozy
I have a nice set to sell but don't know what a fair price is. I don't want to over price them. I have done that with parts in the past and felt like an idiot. I just want to make a fair deal and need some help to be able to do so.
koozy
Is this not a garage question? if not, please excuse my newbee question...

Mike
rhodyguy
it depends on condition. what is "good" to you may not be to others. good to me means 0 rot, esp where the casing portion meets the piping at the back and the front. are all of the welded on nuts for attaching the tin perfect? are they coated with cooked on oil and dirt that could be hiding rust? post pictures for real world opinions. if they are indeed "good" it will help with exposure with regards to selling.

k
koozy
Cool, thanx. I'll take some pics right now and post them.
koozy
here are some pics.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
boxstr
Try ebay.
CCL
koozy
Looks like surface rust. No rust through. Couple of small, half inch cracks where the exchangers meet up with the headers. I also have a 4 into 1. Not new but looks to be sanded and painted with high temp. No rust.
Click to view attachment

What would be a fair deal for these parts?
koozy
Maybe ebay would be a good way to see how much these should go for. I don't know how else to do it. I looked around and see SS ones priced at $500 or so but those are a different story. Would these go for half that? I don't think so. I'm guessing $175 to $200 but am getting no responses. Am I asking the wrong questions and don't know it? headbang.gif Give a newbee a hand here please before I lose my mind.... ha ha ha
Krieger
Not a cop out, but why don't you call somewhere like Parts Heaven in Hayward or EASY in Emeryville to get some idea of what they are asking. FYI I just sold a set for a 75/76 that are in better shape for $100. Maybe I could have got more but, I had a buyer already.
koozy
Cool, thanx. Good advise. I'll call around tomorrow.
rhodyguy
175 to 200 is pretty optimistic. 50? there's prob half that in the 2 branch tubes. look at it this way, when 1.7/1.8 ss pairs have sold for $250 or so here, an owner would be far ahead going that route and not having to worry about futher deterioration and having work to fix the probs visible in the pictures. i hate to disappoint you, just providing my humble opinion. others may disagree.

k
koozy
I agree. I think $100 without the branch tubes is a fair deal. I'll stick with that. I'll put them up and see what happens.

Thank you all for your help.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.