Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Assembly Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
About ready to put both halves of my engine together and was trying to install the distributor drive gear. Went ahead and put the No 1 cylinder at TDC but am not sure how to align the dictrubutor. On Jake's video he shows putthing the rotor inside the dictributor pointing at the mark on the distributor (got that) but the bracket that clamps the dizzy to the block is not fixed and spins - which makes ensuring the distributor is in correctly a moving target? Tough to explain - HELP?
rhodyguy
is the stud a couple of inches away from the dist hole there? it retains the clamp.

k
type47
look for instructions in Haynes and factory manual. it shows installing the drive gear at a 12 degree angle with respect to the case seam when at TDC. if you install it 12 degrees but the "other side" of the seam, you can't get timing marks (don't ask me how i know; forever indebted to norustscott)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.