Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to me 914-6GT style seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
got these yesterday.

can't wait to get them in this week, maybe tomorrow... biggrin.gif

they are used, but in very good condition and even came with 914 rails installed. smile.gif

DanT
and
Brett W
Nice. Glad to see they have head rests. That is one thing that always concerned me about some of the GT style seats I have see. Are those made from regular seats?
DanT
QUOTE(Brett W @ Sep 23 2007, 06:47 PM) *

Nice. Glad to see they have head rests. That is one thing that always concerned me about some of the GT style seats I have see. Are those made from regular seats?

No they are steel framed Corbeaus....
probably a bit heavier than stock seats, but I wanted the vintage look with the headrests as you state...(need them for track duty since most clubs require head rests on the seats)
jim_hoyland
Nice seats ! Do they fit with the back pad ? How are the bottoms ( seat ) constructed ? Springs, hard, other ?
DanT
Jim,
I haven't put them in yet but my guess is that they will fit into the backpad somewhat...the shoulder area is a bit wider than stock, but they should settle back in pretty well.

they are a suspension type seat, with steel frame, and spring suspended material with foam padding over that.

My old Corbeau Forzas fit pretty well into the backpad and I am sure these will fit about as well or better. They may not go back quite as far as stock...maybe one click closer to the wheel with backpad in place.
This winter I may remove the stock back pad and cover the area with a thin pad and then lite weight carpet...depends on how these fit and what else I find to fill my time with the car.
Since the body work and suspension/brakes were done in 2006 and the engine was rebuilt this year, the main focus for this off season will be the interior.
Root_Werks
You'll love those, I have a set almost exactly like them in my 914. Bought them from CAMP914 over a year ago. driving.gif
DanT
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Sep 23 2007, 08:26 PM) *

You'll love those, I have a set almost exactly like them in my 914. Bought them from CAMP914 over a year ago. driving.gif

thanks Dan,
I think they should be real nice. much better keeping my "backside" from moving around during cornering...
with 5 pt harnesses, pretty close to more modern race seat...

I just like the vintage/retro look for the car and these seats fit right in. biggrin.gif
Goober
Anything that will keep yer butt in the seat is good.

I'm always amazed at the lack of side bolster in the stock seats.
DanT
QUOTE(Goober @ Sep 23 2007, 09:04 PM) *

Anything that will keep yer butt in the seat is good.

I'm always amazed at the lack of side bolster in the stock seats.

Lots of folks take out the bottom seat pad, and then the seat works somewhat like a race/sport seat....just not much padding other than you butt left sad.gif
boxstr
Dan You may want to check those for backpad fit, very tight at the top.
I had a set and I was unable to get them back far enough to use comfortably.
CCLINGTSEAT
DanT
QUOTE(boxstr @ Sep 23 2007, 10:29 PM) *

Dan You may want to check those for backpad fit, very tight at the top.
I had a set and I was unable to get them back far enough to use comfortably.
CCLINGTSEAT

thanks Craig....I will be test fitting tomorrow probably...
Guy I bought them from had them in his street car with backpad and said he was only ~1 click from all the way back...
If the back Pad has to come out...no problem, just means I will start my bulkhead reupholstery/carpeting sooner than I planned biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Dan,
These seats suck... I am sorry you got stuck with them. I will pick them up when I come down for those engine parts. biggrin.gif
DanT
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 23 2007, 11:34 PM) *

Dan,
These seats suck... I am sorry you got stuck with them. I will pick them up when I come down for those engine parts. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Rob, are you going to come to Marina? If so, I can bring the engine parts with me.
Besides it would give us all a chance to drooley.gif on your new motor driving.gif

If not we can set another time.
PeeGreen 914
You will love these. I have the schells...sp? and I love them. The thick pad on the botom makes for a much more comfortable ride on long trips and on the track. Nice addition to you car.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Sep 23 2007, 11:38 PM) *

Dan,

biggrin.gif

Rob, are you going to come to Marina? If so, I can bring the engine parts with me.
Besides it would give us all a chance to drooley.gif on your new motor driving.gif

I really want to Dan. I am sorting out electrical issues. I will try to get them sorted tomorrow. If I can, I will be down there with my new to me son... Nicho's first word when he saw the 914 was "cool"... He is going to be needing a helmet biggrin.gif
DanT
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 24 2007, 12:49 AM) *

Dan,

biggrin.gif

I really want to Dan. I am sorting out electrical issues. I will try to get them sorted tomorrow. If I can, I will be down there with my new to me son... Nicho's first word when he saw the 914 was "cool"... He is going to be needing a helmet biggrin.gif

Well then, get to work Rob, and get those electrical gremlins exterminated and come on down....should be a great day...
I designed the course.
jgara962
I've got the same seats in my car and really like them. They have that 70's GT style look to them which I like. However, they won't fit in the backpad cutouts. I lived with it for a year, and then took my backpad out.
Scott S
I had those seats - for one day. I lost 2+ inches of rearward travel (even without a back pad) and they sat a good 2-3 inches higher than stock. Even If I went to a smaller wheel, I never would have been able to drive the car with the top on.
They are steel framed using an elevated web for support, Vs the stock seats that put you all the way on the bottom of the bucket. You lose a ton of room. For me at 6'2" there was absolutely no way. Even my wife at 5' 10" hit her legs on the wheel.
ConeDodger
By the way, I do have vintage 70s Konigs in the Bumblebee. They fit the backpad perfectly and don't seem to raise the seating location. I however, hate them. Do these seats make my butt look big? Oh, wait! My butt IS big! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Sep 24 2007, 08:54 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 24 2007, 12:49 AM) *

Dan,

biggrin.gif

Well then, get to work Rob, and get those electrical gremlins exterminated and come on down....should be a great day...
I designed the course.

I really want to Dan, I need to consult with you on where I am points wise anyway. I have made so many mods now I am getting confused! A good part of today will involve getting Nicho into school. I have to go talk to the principal. She has already told me he is in but I want him to meet his classmates. He will start the first week in October. Then I will look at it. Unless... McMark may need a rescue in Reno if the CVs E provided him don't work out.
rhodyguy
my konig is what i would term a 600+ mile seat. as in comphy for. beats the hell out of a stocker. fits the backpad nicely too. you'd make nice coinage if you were to sell them rob.

k
DanT
seats are in biggrin.gif

pics to follow in a couple of days...

they fit very nicely and feel great...

I am going to try them this weekend at the Marina AX with the backpad in place. If I don't like the feel then I will remove the backpad to get the seats all the way back...I am missing about 1/2-3/4 inches of travel now..and I used to have the stock seats all the way back. smile.gif
ConeDodger
Ok... I am a maybe. I sorted the electrical problem. Turned out to be simple. Mark got his CV joint repair done in the parking lot in Reno so no rescue needed so far. He will call if he has more problems. Now, all I have to do is synch the carbs and it should be ready.
DanT
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 24 2007, 06:50 PM) *

Ok... I am a maybe. I sorted the electrical problem. Turned out to be simple. Mark got his CV joint repair done in the parking lot in Reno so no rescue needed so far. He will call if he has more problems. Now, all I have to do is synch the carbs and it should be ready.

great biggrin.gif
DanT
in the car drooley.gif me likey....
jgara962
Looks good!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.