Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the heck happened?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turtleturtle
Okay, it has been driving great since I got it last week. I went to lunch today and as I was trying to leave this stop sign, I had the car in gear and all the sudden I hear clunkity clunk clunk clunk. The car did not move. The guy behind me said that the CV shafts were moving, but thet car did not. What the heck did I break?
Joe Ricard
Normally if the CV's rotate there is no way the car can not move. so obviously you broke the CV internally on the outer. Only need to break one side and you no go.
turtleturtle
QUOTE(turtleturtle @ Sep 24 2007, 01:33 PM) *

Okay, it has been driving great since I got it last week. I went to lunch today and as I was trying to leave this stop sign, I had the car in gear and all the sudden I hear clunkity clunk clunk clunk. The car did not move. The guy behind me said that the CV shafts were moving, but thet car did not. What the heck did I break?

Dang. Easy to fix? I had a Dodge Avegner that had this happen and it was quick and very easy to fix, so I guess it would be almost the same.
turtleturtle
So it should just be my CV? Anyone else have ideas?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The easiest is that the shaft came loose on the outer end. In that case just reinstall the bolts. Only one would be spinning though.
turtleturtle
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 24 2007, 02:53 PM) *

The easiest is that the shaft came loose on the outer end. In that case just reinstall the bolts. Only one would be spinning though.

So, only one shaft will be spinning if the outer end of one of the shafts came loose? After I reinstall the bolts, they will both be correct? Is this right?
turtleturtle
The 4 allen bolts came off the axel. Prob solvd.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(turtleturtle @ Sep 24 2007, 09:55 PM) *

The 4 allen bolts came off the axel. Prob solvd.

I got 4 words for ya...Evilwerks CV bolt kit
turtleturtle
Thanks!
tdgray
Make sure you put new schnoor washers in... they cannot be reused.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.