Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: crap...what did i do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete914
does this misalignment mean i need some welding work with the hinge? i've read that this is due to the hinge breaking off from the body...however, i took a look at the hinge, nothing seems "broken". ill look again.
anyone have this happen to them?
thanks guys

IPB Image
Project 6
You may have broken the welded pivot where the hinge is mounted at the fender. Common problem.
rmital
Pete914...where are you on the "east coast"?
TROJANMAN
Are your plastic rollers still in tact?
pete914
hey,
both rollers still intact. i gave a good shake to the hinges, they seem like they are on there solid. when the trunk is fully opened, the right side "arm" to the hinge sits lower than the left side.
i think i need to take some better pics for you guys.
this F'N sucks!
rmital i live in VA
wher
Rand
QUOTE(Bass Fisher @ Sep 24 2007, 02:08 PM) *

You may have broken the welded pivot where the hinge is mounted at the fender. Common problem.

agree.gif
Examine the pivot bracket where it's welded to the body. I bet it's broken. Mine was that way when I bought it. Easy fix if you like to weld. Otherwise get a JWest pivot kit.
SGB
Yep thats the answer. Its alot easier to make sure it all lines up if you weld it before it breaks all the way. You gotta take off the trunk (4 bolts) and release the torsion spring ( do a search), then fry it back on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.