Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the name of thei 915 tranny part?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Title says it all. Here are the pics
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 24 2007, 05:12 PM) *

Title says it all. Here are the pics

we call them dog teeth. press on and off the gear factory says they cannot get them without the attached gear, we say how many do you want usual price is 110 each, anywhere.
Project 6
Dog teeth aren't the only issue. Like George says, they are a matched set.

He did not mention that the 915 suffers from the intermediate plate having a bearing issue as well. It gets loose and then the shaft wiggles and second gear explodes.

The fix requires milling out the bearing race, pressing in a sleeve, and then to keep it from going again, a WEVO retaining plate/sleeve. It ties in BOTH shafts so there is no flex. The 930 and G-50 trans has the same part. The 915 does not.

915 users with high HP, like the 3.2 and 3.6 conversions find out the hard way. There are more than a few threads over on the 911 Bird Board.
John
I call that 915 part, the BUSTED-ASS dog teeth.

Which gear is it from? I had a 5th gear set fail in a similar way but not quite as bad.

In regards to the retainer plate, as far as I know, if you have the trans apart and you find that both bearing races are TIGHT in the housing, installing the WEVO bearing retainer will help to prevent the races from becoming loose.

Look it up and buy one if you have the trans apart. I think it is cheap insurance...

Here are 2 pictures. Yes, I know, both gearstacks must be installed in the bearing retainer together, but these were taken while fitting things up to check how it would work....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.