Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Christmas toy received?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
For me... a cordless Dremel. And those Oakleys... heheheheh

For Jacob (of all the tons of loot he got from Santa, grandparents, etc)... a 10 dollar eBay toy. A 1:64 sized RC car - "Mach 5 Speed Racer". He loves it, and is terrorizing his cat with the car! MDB2.gif

How about you guys? smile.gif

-Rusty cool.gif

EDIT: Some serious perspective. The BEST Christmas present I got was the opportunity to see my son this Christmas. Many didn't. Thank you, Santa.
ArtechnikA
now that we're DINK's the past half of the year has been pretty darned good.

still, the Valentine V One Christmas bonus from work was yet another excellent reason i'm happy to have a job this year !

as for the rest of the Porsche-oriented stuff, Joy and i mostly have established a balance where i promise not to spend too much at once, and she doesn't complain too much at once :-) ...
Aaron Cox
i got 700 dollars of pelican stuff.....5 lug baby!
Joe Bob
So far.....a nice lamb leather driving jacket.....the invasion of the in laws should hit around noon and I usually get some inovative gifts......
Aaron Cox
worst gift i ever got......

a pic of mike's hairy butt! blink.gif
Gint
High definition receiver prices are finally reasonable. I've been waiting 2 years to get HD on my 55". Whoooohhhooooo!!!!!!!!!
Mueller
For my "gift" I get to build myself an 8 x 16 metalworking shop on the side of our house....I'll start to prepare for the concrete foundation this weekend.

110v and 220v for my lathe, mill and air compressor, it'll have a nice stereo system for sure, I doubt I'll have a TV, but I know it'll have a computer in there for sure (CNC operates off of the PC)
Gint
Nice! wub.gif I got some work for you when you get set up. wink.gif
tracks914
Nice PORSCHE ball cap. dance.gif (from Tweeks)
Best part, my wifes reaction to shipping, GST, PST, Duty and the foriegn exchange! w00t.gif
Worst part, her asking "how much are you really paying for all the parts you get from the US?"
Oh Happy Day One and All.
stock93
I ended up with a parts washer, da sander, swivel head gear wrenches, autofocus porsche 911, 2 15x7 wheel for my rail,mechanix gloves, and a chain strapwrench. Best part besides being able to spend it with my family is getting my 914's engine to turn over on christmas eve. It was a bit loud as I dont have any exhaust on it right now smile.gif

John
Ratt
I got fricken Cloths, More cloths and a worthless drop light that is about the size of a small soda can.
Atleast Im at home with the family this year.
Andy
Dave_Darling
Excellence Was Expected. Dang, I forgot that it was three volumes! Heavy mother, that--I'm very glad I'm not flying home!!

--DD
bongo monkey
Finally finishing work on the 914 Christmas Eve night, then having the 914 break down on its maiden voyage on Christmas Day 13 miles from home without any phone. Merry Christmas!
914rick
I received the same heavy set of books that Dave D. got. Also got an 8in Craftsman grinder w/bench and a 6in Craftsman buffer. I may have to open my own shop. smilie_pokal.gif Merry Christmas guys.

Rick
bernbomb914
My gifts to me from all my family. Giant SS tool box from Costco. 5 ATS wheels that are new. beautiful seats for my 914, adj Koni front struts so I can take off the KYBs. 1 inch# torque wrench, and lots of love from my family.

Im very Lucky
Bernie
DrifterJay
a good chunk of change from everyone and best of all, was my best friend coming over lastnight with the 914 restorers guide to authenticity book...was startled...he hates 914s...lol. Jared

PS: honestly, as Lawrence stated, just being home was really the best thing, as many others in our shoes are far away. flag.gif
L8Apex
I found a craftsman bench grinder in my stockings. so useful, and takes up so much room. clap56.gif
seanery
I got an original factory poster of the 917's at Brands Hatch! boldblue.gif

woohoo!
Malmz
Craftsman 248pc mechanics set. Woohoo, I can finally retire some of my 18 year old All Trades to the Pick a Part toolbox!

Think I got a new full set of screwdrivers too, but haven't opened it. Boy #2 has been sick for a couple days so it has been tough getting to everything. He should be ready to resume opening stuff this afternoon.

1000 Watt inverter for the RV, another great add-on.

Tons of cloths. Of course, you can dress me up but you can't take me out...

sm
djm914-6
I'm hoping that the 12V heater I got works as well as they say. I'm not looking to actually heat the cabin. just clear the windows.

The turbo is mostly for me as it will be my affordable project. My 2 year old son gets to drive it because no one else can fit.

Amy and I bought a nice DVD player for the family. I guess it was about time.
Rockaria
A gift certificate from the wife good for up to 20 free 914/Garage hours without one peep from her or the kids! And no questions afterwards.

TOO COOL!
Qarl
I got a History of Porsche Book from my wife and a day at the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Daytona from my inlaws (gonna get to drive at high speed on the big track!)
rezron
I got a full set of yokohamas including a spare from my wife.
She stole some tires off one of my sons toy cars and wrapped them up under the tree along with the paid receipt
for the real ones.

rezron
Mike9142.0
The best thing I got today was spending the day with my Dad puting the engine in my 70 914.
It was a good day clap56.gif
radivad
I have so far opened up a box of 500 Legos, a set of wrenches and a Mr. Potato Head.

I now have a Lego model of a 914. What I am supposed to do with the Mr. Potato Head I am still not sure.
rick 918-S
I got a Jonny Lighting Coca Cola Beetle tp add to my collection.
rick 918-S
All Buses and Beetles. I have a whole wall full of them.
swood
Sorry but have to ask. What's with the Alien thing?
Are you one of them?
confused24.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(swood @ Dec 25 2003, 09:50 PM)
Sorry but have to ask. What's with the Alien thing?
Are you one of them?
confused24.gif

No, But it's the only way I can explain my cars transformation. Who says Aliens only abduct people.... alien.gif
redshift
Seeing my niece as a smiling 10 month old.

Miles
Andyrew
Lets see, Cordless 1 million candle flashlight (big), 1/2 in torque wrench, pry bar set, punch and chissel (sp?) set, some clothes, and a little cash. Cash will go twards some tires (needed badly..)

I didnt do to bad! Speeking I didnt ask for anything..

Andrew

Merry Christmas!
Bruce Allert
a full set of metric wrenches, $150 buck-a-roos for the teener and the best...
a 380 cal. Husqvarna Vapenfabriks Aktiebolag from my Dad's collection. Very unexpected clap56.gif smilie_pokal.gif mueba.gif

..........b
redshift
WOW! smilie_pokal.gif Like I said!!!!

Santa packs a 380!

M
Steve Thacker
I got coal....
Musta spent too much on ebay and she saw the bank statement...... confused24.gif

Actually I overloaded in clothes. Who needs clothes?!,..Don't want no fuching clothes. Me wanted rubber seals and such! laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
Just got another Christmas present... a new nephew.
Linda was at our family Christmas gathering yesterday. When she & Barrett left I told little Ben "you gotta come out NOW!" He did at 3am this morning smilie_pokal.gif

.........b
redshift
Congrats!

You need a rubber suit, bite/pee/pooh proof.. trust me... stay away from anything that claims it's slober-proof..

wink.gif

M
Jeff Bonanno
digeeetal camera! can start to properly document work on the teener (and post the whatthef*uckdoidonow pics here)

jbb
seanery
hey miles, i got a digical camera for my niece for $59 on ebay. It's a logitech teeny weeny jobby. Its only 1.3 megapixel, but that's fine for us. You need to get one of those.

Logitech Camera
campbellcj
So far, the Scalextric 1:32 scale slot car set is going over well with both Logan and Dada.

These things are a far cry from the Tyco HO scale setups we had as kids. Even the "starter" track setup takes about 10'x10' of space. Some of the other configs are more like 20'x15'!

They are really quick, and not easy to drive. I modified Logan's controller so that his car would stay slow enough not to fly off the track cool.gif We got two GT3R's and two 917-10's.

Dada got "E.W.E." like several of you other guys, a sander for my honeydoo projects, and a few other things...lots of clothes, which I needed badly according to the wife. confused24.gif
Rouser
... lots of clothes, which I needed badly according to the wife ...

Yeah, I suffer that same situation; something about "You are NOT taking me out to dinner in that 914 decal-something T-shirt!"

Along with clothes, Baby also got me a signal booster for my home's wireless gateway (great to have computer geek sons as gift consultants!). Boys got me a mini stereo boommaker for the garage (my cobbled-together, hodge-podge receiver finally gave up the ghost), "Band of Brothers" DVD set (oh YEAH!), "The Sopranos" 4th Season DVD set ("Warm up the TV!") and a whole-bunch-of-money Best Buy gift certificate (some rebate on all those damn student loans!). With sons mostly lost for ideas, Baby got some serious bling-bling jewelry from us all, prompting one possible/probable daughter-in-law to step-up her covert marital operations!

After everyone ripped into their presents, I grabbed an Arturo Fuente Opus X, some iced tea, and a chihuahua buried in a blanket at the foot of my lawn chair. Life is good ...
Malmz
QUOTE(Malmz @ Dec 25 2003, 04:42 PM)
Craftsman 248pc mechanics set. Woohoo, I can finally retire some of my 18 year old All Trades to the Pick a Part toolbox!

Par for Sears... my tool set was mis packed and jacked. Sat here and inventoried everything tonight, so I'll be going back tomorrow. They WILL be giving me the right sockets instead of giving me a whole new kit which I have to sit and inventory from scratch again...

Need some more socket holders anyway and still have a GC to burn.

sm
The YODSTER
I followed Lawrence's lead and got custom-made coco mates of black and tan. Match the interior of my 914 perfectly and really, really look great.

Thanks mom. (Like she'll see this.)

The YODSTER
campbellcj
Logan's new fleet...he loves these cars! driving.gif

(1:32 scale slot cars)
seanery
I don't have a pic of mine, but I've got:
1/32
silver carrera gt
black carrera gt
blue Camaro Trans Am (Penske)
green Pontiac GTO

1/24
911 GT1 Lemans
Panoz Lemans
Hawktel
I got a Digital Camera. That way I can document my mistakes for posterity!

And a George Foreman grill. And Spaceballs, the Movie. And 3 feet of snow from mother nature.
ppickerell
I got a day at Heavenly skiing mueba.gif in 2-3 feet of fresh powder with my brother and daughter while wife racked up $2000 on the slots at Ceasar's smilie_pokal.gif after which she went back to the the house and cooked standing rib roast chowtime.gif for the weary skiers.! What a woman/day! Can you say hot tub?
maf914
Standing rib roast?

What a coincidence. My mother gave me a nice sized frozen rib roast as a Christmas present! Cool present. Maybe it was a hint to invite her to dinner?

Mike
Dave Blackburn
My Gf and I got enough chocolate to last untill next christmas...

Got some good tools too! Set of car dollies, step drill bit set, spot sandblaster, air brader, mechanics gloves and the craftsman bolt & screw out set.

That costco SS tool box is nice!! wub.gif And a good price! $900.00cnd
My birthday is in 3 months, maybe I can convince the GF.
Dave
boxstr
New Porsche for xmas..finger lickin good.
CCLINJACIVASCHOCOLATES
ppickerell
Hekyl&Jekyl ridin in my new xmas teener.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.