Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 banned from the garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
I was coming home late last night, was only about 100 yards from my house when all of a sudden I see a skunk ~20ft in front of my car. I lock 'em up trying to avoid the skunk, but was unsucessful. Ran right over it with my left side tires (more like slid over it).

Skunk must have sprayed the underside of my car because it reeks of burned skunk smell (must have hit the exhaust too). Without thinking, I pulled the car into the garage which was a mistake as the garage was instantly enveloped in the horrid smell - which immediately started seeping into the house.

Needless to say, my wife has banned the 914 from the garage until the smell is gone. I drove it to work this morning hoping to dissipate the smell and burn it off the exhaust. Maybe it was my imagination, but it seemed that there was rarely a car within 50 yards behind me. Apparantly I've stumbled across an effective tailgater repellant.

Hopefully the smell doesn't last too long. My 914 doesn't like being parked outside.
tdgray
Tomato Juice biggrin.gif poke.gif
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif blink.gif Wow that sucks. I am glad we don;t have very many of those out here. Poor 914
Bartlett 914
Check this site out
http://www.essortment.com/hobbies/hygienetipsrem_sfze.htm

I had heard about hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.

We have had a lot of skunks around the house. He ate my tomatoes from our garden! I have seen him. He (or She) is beautiful. I would rather he just move out of the neighborhood. My neighbor's dog barked for an hour last night. Suddenly he was quiet. Great, now I can get some sleep I thought. That is when that familiar oder came in my room.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Demick @ Sep 25 2007, 08:04 AM) *

My 914 banned from the garage, ran over a skunk last night

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
Pat Garvey
I love skunk stories!

Six years ago, my nieghbor's son ra gthe bell - 'there are 3 skunks that just went into your garage". "THREE" "Three". Went into the garage & they scattered into a corner underneath the workbench. Checked underneath & they were very young - apparently Mom had had enough of them & kicked them out - into my garage.

So I and the 16 year old formulated a plan! Firecrackers! Yeah, that would surely got them to leave (left all 3 garage doors open for easy exit). All I had were some of those old Black Cats, most of which fizzled. So, we started banging shovels together to make more noise - they huddled as a family in a corner underneath the workbench. The were very small, cute, and appeared to be incapable of releasing scent - so we thought!

I suggested to the kid that he take a broom handle & try work them out, and I would make sure they left the garage. He took it as a challenge. Stirred under the workbench like a deamon before they finally broke ranks, splitting in 3 different directions, spraying all the while! We both got doused, though he got the worst of it. We did, however, get them out of the garage. Both car covers had to be washed in vinegar, but the stench came out. My wife still doesn't know about another misuse of the wahsing machine.

The kid was unbelievably gross - must have taken a full direct shot. His clothes had to be trashed.

I just spoke to him about this event last week - he's now a Cornell grad & we laughed & drank beer together.

Says I still owe him a change of clothes!

Yeah, I love skunk stories!
orthobiz
Gosh, I got scared. My summary page had the "ran over a skunk" with "Pat Garvey" as the last poster. I thought maybe your car actually went out of the garage, Pat!!!!
You know, like, off jackstands, even!

Paul
DanT
wow Demick that "stinks" biggrin.gif

Demick
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 25 2007, 06:38 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif Andy

Skunk was there yesterday morning, but when I drove by this morning with my camera, it was gone. So heres the best I can do. biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(tdgray @ Sep 25 2007, 09:14 AM) *

Tomato Juice biggrin.gif poke.gif

Yup! A coupla pitchers of bloody marys and you won't notice the smell ............

The Cap'n
RoninEclipse2G
back when my dad and I used to deliver papers we passed over a skunk in his old mercedes. didn't actually hit the thing, just managed to drive right over the top of it, course it sprayed the whole underside of the car as we passed. took about a week before the smell went away with daily driving

I do remember not having any tailgaters for a few days av-943.gif
Steve Thacker
I couldn't resist

drunk.gif

Crossin' the highway late last night
He shoulda looked left and he shoulda looked right
He didn't see the station wagon car
The skunk got squashed and there you are!

You got yer
Dead skunk in the middle of the road
You got yer dead skunk in the middle of the road
Stinkin' to high Heaven!

Take a whiff on me, that ain't no rose!
Roll up yer window and hold yer nose!
You don't have to look and you don't have to see
'Cause you can feel it in your olfactory

You got yer
Stinkin' to high Heaven!

Yeah you got yer dead cat and you got yer dead dog
On a moonlight night you got yer dead toad frog
Got yer dead rabbit and yer dead raccoon
The blood and the guts they're gonna make you swoon!
You got yer
Stinkin' to high Heaven!

C'mon stink!

You got it!
It's dead, it's in the middle
Dead skunk in the middle!
Stinkin' to high heaven!
All over the road, technicolor man!
Oh, you got pollution
It's dead, it's in the middle
And it's stinkin' to high, high Heaven!
Steve Thacker
Ya I know... you dumbass this is not not skunk related..but its close biggrin.gif

Sung to the same key as dead skunk

Leavin' the gin joint way too tight
I finished my drink, staggered out in the night
I didn't have the sense to leave my car
So drunk, so smashed, so here I are

You know I'm
Dead drunk, in the middle of the road
Dead drunk, head is fixin' to expload
Dead drunk, stomach fixin' to unload
Weavin' to high heaven

Now the bile is free, and up it rose
Rolled down the window and THAR SHE BLOWS!
Shootin' like a stream as I steer with my knees
The damn wind blew it right back in on me

Yea I was dead drunk, in the middle of the road
Dead drunk, head is fixin' to explode
Yea I was dead drunk, and continued to unload
Pukin to high heaven

I remember the cop and singin' ABC's
Was doin' alright until I got to 'D'
Sprayed that old copper with a puke monsoon
He said "With some luck you might be out by June"

Yea I was
Dead drunk, in the middle of the road
Dead drunk, head was fixin' to explode
Yea I was dead drunk, and continued to unload
Pukin' to high heaven

Damn the luck!

I blew it!
I'm dead, I'm in some trouble
Dead drunk, in some trouble
Dead drunk, I continue to unload
Pukin' to high heaven.....
All over the cop.......[Cop]"Now I'm frikkin' MAD!"
[Me]Hey, I'm not Rodney King!
That's lead!"...yea, I'm in trouble
As I'm beaten to sky high heaven
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Sep 25 2007, 08:19 PM) *

Gosh, I got scared. My summary page had the "ran over a skunk" with "Pat Garvey" as the last poster. I thought maybe your car actually went out of the garage, Pat!!!!
You know, like, off jackstands, even!

Paul

It'll come off the stands after I can get the brakes to Eric & get them back. This week should be it, when I can use my damned hand again for some torgue to remove them.

Right now, it's just a "raggedy" 914, if you catch my drift.
Pat
Wannabe 914-6 owner
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 25 2007, 09:36 AM) *

Check this site out

We have had a lot of skunks around the house. He ate my tomatoes from our garden! I have seen him. He (or She) is beautiful. I would rather he just move out of the neighborhood. My neighbor's dog barked for an hour last night. Suddenly he was quiet. Great, now I can get some sleep I thought. That is when that familiar oder came in my room.

Some well placed moth balls will usually keep skunks out of your garage. I have never tried it in a garden, but might just work, but you'll someone to hold the moths wings laugh.gif Sorry couldn't help myself happy11.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Wannabe 914-6 owner @ Sep 26 2007, 08:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 25 2007, 09:36 AM) *

Check this site out

Some well placed moth balls will usually keep skunks out of your garage. I have never tried it in a garden, but might just work, but you'll someone to hold the moths wings laugh.gif Sorry couldn't help myself happy11.gif

What is funny is the notion to use something stinky to keep out a skunk!

Thanks for the tip
EdwardBlume
That was you??? All of Pleasanton was skunked up two days ago. I was giving wifey hell for leaving the backdoor open!

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.