Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: transportation advice for 914s to rennsport reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Steve Gaglione who is in charge of the production car historical display at the Rennsport reunion was graciously invited us to display the 914 production car history at the event. Among the cars are five we need to take there on thursday and bring back on sunday: The 916, the willow green 5606 mile 914-6, the gemini blue m-471 gt, the 1971 motortrend car of the year, and the 12,000 mile 1976 scarlet (mars) red 914.
If anyone has a suggestion for a transport already headed that way with extra room, or a friend with a reliable transport we need the info! This should be the premier Porsche event on the east coast this year and we hope that everyone will be able to attend.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 25 2007, 10:22 AM) *

Steve Gaglione who is in charge of the production car historical display at the Rennsport reunion was graciously invited us to display the 914 production car history at the event.
This should be the premier Porsche event on the east coast this year and we hope that everyone will be able to attend.

George, pretend I don't know what show you are talking about, I am here in NJ until the 16th of October...Anywhere near me? Thanks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am very sorry.... You know how we east coast guys ASSUME everything!!! (just sour grapes because you cali boys have all of the Porsches and all of the rest of the rust free cars!!!!!!! Here is the link:

http://www.rennsport2007.com/

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 25 2007, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 25 2007, 10:22 AM) *

Steve Gaglione who is in charge of the production car historical display at the Rennsport reunion was graciously invited us to display the 914 production car history at the event.
This should be the premier Porsche event on the east coast this year and we hope that everyone will be able to attend.

George, pretend I don't know what show you are talking about, I am here in NJ until the 16th of October...Anywhere near me? Thanks.

So.Cal.914
Thanks George... smile.gif
Demick
Just be sure not to hire the same company that parked the transporter with 5 or so priceless vintage Porsches on the railroad tracks after a show in SoCal a few years back.......
URY914
That 916 will fit on my trailer very nicely. biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 25 2007, 10:53 AM) *

I'll drive it up for ya George, where did you say it was going..? California?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Demick @ Sep 25 2007, 10:48 AM) *

Just be sure not to hire the same company that parked the transporter with 5 or so priceless vintage Porsches on the railroad tracks after a show in SoCal a few years back.......

As I was contemplating the transportation I had visions of that tragedy!!!!! The way I am If anything happened to those cars I would probably have a heart attack and die on the spot (it was bad enough last night when I backed the right front fender of my concours 356 into the wrought iron chair here at the shop and scratched the fender. Couldn't sleep all night!)
gary gartner

Sorry, someone had to ask
What the HELL is a wrought iron chair doing closer than a 1/4 mile to a concours 356??????????????????????????????????
poke.gif

Gary
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(gary gartner @ Sep 25 2007, 01:14 PM) *

What the HELL is a wrought iron chair doing closer than a 1/4 mile to a concours 356??????????????????????????????????
poke.gif

Gary

You know George, He's got a point. poke.gif
blitZ
OMG, not the red one!?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(gary gartner @ Sep 25 2007, 01:14 PM) *

poke.gif

Gary

I was looking the other way to clear the building at the end of the day and being old and stupid It is usually home in my garage with a car cover over it!
okieflyr
YEARS ago when we shipped exotics, We used and trusted Bob Pass's crew @Passport Transport. you might check with them.....

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 25 2007, 12:22 PM) *

Steve Gaglione who is in charge of the production car historical display at the Rennsport reunion was graciously invited us to display the 914 production car history at the event. Among the cars are five we need to take there on thursday and bring back on sunday: The 916, the willow green 5606 mile 914-6, the gemini blue m-471 gt, the 1971 motortrend car of the year, and the 12,000 mile 1976 scarlet (mars) red 914.
If anyone has a suggestion for a transport already headed that way with extra room, or a friend with a reliable transport we need the info! This should be the premier Porsche event on the east coast this year and we hope that everyone will be able to attend.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you

QUOTE(okieflyr @ Sep 25 2007, 04:18 PM) *

YEARS ago when we shipped exotics, We used and trusted Bob Pass's crew @Passport Transport. you might check with them.....

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 25 2007, 12:22 PM) *

Root_Werks
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 25 2007, 10:53 AM) *

Shut up! It will not! It would actually fit very nicely in my garage next to my 916 wanna-be. mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.