Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Available Headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
atmadsen914
What options are out here for headers for the 1.7. I emailed Kerry Hunter and he said he was out of production right now. I have looked at the Tangerine Headers seem very nice but $$$. So I was wondering if anyone had other options. I would love heat exchangers but I am look for a setup with no heat at this point.
Rand
If you can't swing Tangerine, try Eurorace. Or maybe find some used Hunters in the classifieds, or check out Triad.
VaccaRabite
Second the Europen racing header. They have stub pipes that the Hunter headers don't have, and come with a muffler (a loud muffler, but still a muffler).

paragon sells them for under $700. P.M.S. sells them for a little over $700, but with a megaphone as well as a muffler.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
msds is about out with the ultimate four cylinder. Along with the super trap the sound and dyno hp cannot be beat. Marty has been doing it for years
lotus_65
any other than tangerine have heat?
VaccaRabite
Nope
None that I have seen. If you want heat, stick with SSIs.

Zach
lotus_65
zach,
is there a significant difference in performance between 2.0's and 1.7-1.8's? (i just got a nice new 1.8 bursch for my stock pipes)

...i AM corbin dallas...

biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Sep 25 2007, 04:23 PM) *

zach,
is there a significant difference in performance between 2.0's and 1.7-1.8's? (i just got a nice new 1.8 bursch for my stock pipes)

...i AM corbin dallas...

biggrin.gif

Yes. The 1.7/1.8 SSIs sell for about $200 less then the 2.0 SSIs.

Other then that, there is not a noticable difference. The 2.0s have a _very slightly_ better flow as they don't have the bend of the 1.8. But I doubt that your butt could feel it.

Zach
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 25 2007, 02:34 PM) *

QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Sep 25 2007, 04:23 PM) *

zach,

...i AM corbin dallas...

biggrin.gif

Yes. The 1.7/1.8 SSIs sell for about $200 less then the 2.0 SSIs.

Other then that, there is not a noticable difference. The 2.0s have a _very slightly_ better flow as they don't have the bend of the 1.8. But I doubt that your butt could feel it.

Zach

I agree, unless your dynoing it, I doubt you would notice.
purple
i have a 1 5/8 header with muffler coming from these guys

http://stable-energies.com/products.asp?dept=187

should be a couple weeks before it's welded and delivered though sad.gif
TravisNeff
That is a Eurorace header Purple.

There are both Eurorace and Kerry Hunter headers on ebay right now
atmadsen914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 25 2007, 01:02 PM) *

msds is about out with the ultimate four cylinder. Along with the super trap the sound and dyno hp cannot be beat. Marty has been doing it for years

Any idea on timeline? I checked out the site and they are not on there yet.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(atmadsen914 @ Sep 25 2007, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 25 2007, 01:02 PM) *

Any idea on timeline? I checked out the site and they are not on there yet.

No i think that it will be our exclusive. We have quite a few sets sold and after discussing with Kerry Hunter about the lack of availablility Marty decided to make sets and dyno them and improve the mounting. I will e mail him about the completion date. He is sending a set for us to test fit. These will also be coated so they will not turn to rust!
atmadsen914
Out of curiosity has anyone tried and succeeded to fab their own heat exchangers using headers as a base?
Rand
Oy.

I hate exclusives without substance.

Today:
1. Tangerines
2. Eurorace with stubbies
3. Kerry Hunter
4. Triad and others....

MSDS? Bring it! I Have great faith in Marty / MSDS. Bring the Maltese Falcon!

If an "AA Exclusive" then fine, but I want to see it from Marty first.

Regarding new header options.... Marty, what ya got???? I'm in the market too.
alpha434
Eh hmmm.

Search first ask second. We just did a very long discussion on adding heat exchangers.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=76127&hl=
orthobiz
Didn't the SSI guy once post that there wasn't enough interest to warrant further production? Seems such a shame, the do make them for 911's, no?

Paul
VaccaRabite
I think it was McMark who said he new a guy with a bunch of them new in the box, and no interest to sell. I forget, it was a while back.

Besides, for the price of new SSI exchangers you could buy a Tangerine header with a little heater box. Those suckers are expensive.

Zach

Jake Raby
This consideration needs to include both current engine specs as well as what you are looking to do with the engine in the future.
Serious performance mandates the use of the Tangerine Racing set up, smaller, less powerful engines are fine withS/S Heat exchangers and a Bursch.

If you ever want more than 160 HP go ahead and buy the Tangerine now, its the only system developed to truly support power up to 215HP, one version has proven to be effectively efficient upto 244 HP for me.
atmadsen914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 26 2007, 07:50 AM) *

This consideration needs to include both current engine specs as well as what you are looking to do with the engine in the future.
Serious performance mandates the use of the Tangerine Racing set up, smaller, less powerful engines are fine withS/S Heat exchangers and a Bursch.

If you ever want more than 160 HP go ahead and buy the Tangerine now, its the only system developed to truly support power up to 215HP, one version has proven to be effectively efficient upto 244 HP for me.

Good info. I took off my Bursch and manifolds over the weekend and found quiet abit of carbon build up. So since I am looking for the 120hp-130hp range. A good clean stock setup and a Bursch should work?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Sep 25 2007, 07:26 PM) *

Didn't the SSI guy once post that there wasn't enough interest to warrant further production? Seems such a shame, the do make them for 911's, no?

Paul

YUP. And John asks me everytime I speak with him if we want to buy the tooling, but never comes up with a price. He is a fine man and a long time dear friend of mine, but ask Gaglione..............a little bit of the San Francisco flower child and the summer of love in him, so there is no reaching a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stephenaki
Don't know what your timeline is but I will probably have a set of used 1.7 headers available by December since I am putting heat exchangers back on my car when it gets in.

I don't know what type they are, can send pics when I pull them. Let me know if your interested. If not, I will just post them here when I pull them.
Aaron Cox
www.triadwestperformance.com

also has a set fo eurorace style headers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.