Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ginther windscreen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
plymouth37
Can anyone point me in the direction of a nice smoked ginther windscreen?
914forme
HPH - Rich Bontempi's High Performance House
plymouth37
Thanks for the link!
How much wind is hitting you compared to a stock windshield?
Is it tolerable or just downright unbearable?
914forme
I still have a windshield, JP Stein or Grant ould be better judges of this since they both chopped the top this year.

You will need a closed face helmet or poper eye protcetion though. And like on a street bike big bugs can leave a mark.
J P Stein
I can't tell ya where to get one, ours came up on evilbay at the time we were thinking about it. We were on it like flies on stromberg.gif
The smoked lexan jobbies are un-cheep & some serious fitment is needed.

Stephen is right, a full face helmet is needed.
stownsen914
Wind buffetting with an open car is minor. I noticed it the first time I drove my car without the windshield & roof, but quickly got used to it.

Now if you're in the passenger seat -- different story. Obviously the Ginther windscreen was not designed with passengers in mind. Wind buffetting is significant for the passenger, and the aerodynamics are such that at speed you feel upward force on the helmet trying to pull it off your head!
J P Stein
Wind buffeting made my eyes water above 35 mph or so.....that was enuff of that.
Any flying critter, bumble bees to buzzards can ruin your day.
grantsfo
I have been up to about 120 MPH and wind really isnt bad. Occasionally wind will get under my helmet and pull up on the helmet, but it isnt anything terrible. Its actually fun for me and adds to the overall topless expereince.

Biggest issue for me is all the rubber that pegs me in the face shield when I'm on track with other cars. Really not an issue, but you do notice the occasional ping ping. Also dust and any other track nastiness tends to hit you. I had one instance where I a followed a car at 100 MPH plus through fresh oil clean up and got sprayed with white powder. When I emerged my heild was covered in white. I was able to wipe it away with my glove - tear offs are reccomended and would eliminate any issues like this.

Also not having a top is a pain in real hot weather or rain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.