Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here is something to keep you busy..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
This morning I received this email from a fellow in the Netherlands..

Dear Porsche 914 enthusiast,

My name is Marc Veenhuis and I come from the Netherlands, I love beautiful cars as long as I can remember.

Because I have a bad version of Scheuermann spine disease I am handicapped and I have to spend most of my time at home,
this is why I started collecting car emblems, a hobby what is very interesting to me, my brother in law made a web-site
for me, you can take a look at it on www.MarcVeenhuis.com or http://home.hetnet.nl/~carnut8/ if you like,
lots of car badges are shown on it.

But I haven't got a 914 badge (nameplate), maybe you have got a spare, old or slightly damaged Porsche 914
badge for my collection, I really would love to receive it.
Maybe it is even possible to print my request in your club magazine, that would be a real honour.

I have been contacting you before but I have not been able to expand my collection due to recent trouble with a nerve
in my spine which paralized my right leg, many hospital visits followed I have been treated in the St. Maarten Clinic
in Nijmegen so I was in good hands, now I try to walk again step by step behind my rollator with a complete leg brace,
2 knee braces and 2 braces to protect my spine and to fill up the time between practicing and physiotherapy I try to
pick up collecting again but I still haven't got a 914 badge in my collection.

I will appreciate your help very much,
thank you for reading my e-mail request.

Enjoy your great cars !

With kind regards and respect,

Marc Veenhuis
Boomgaard 10
7021 KZ Velswijk - Zelhem
The Netherlands

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So.Cal.914
Cool. Let me look around.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes we received the same in everyone's e mail today.
So.Cal.914
Say this isn't one of those "Hi: I am the second cousin of the daughter of General

Haboobie, ex-play ground monitor of Nigeria..." Trying to corner the market of

used 914 emblems?

Just Kidding happy11.gif

rhodyguy
direct the guy to world and this thread. i have a 914 rear emblem with broken tabs i will part with from my stuff. when he reads this he can contact me via pm. let him know he will have to sign up to send pms.

k
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The Dutch always want something for free. Why do you think they came up with the term "Dutch Treat!!!"!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
By the way: My name is George Hussey and I collect Lionel trains. Many say that I have a severe medical problem, that being that I am a big as.hole! I sit around all day pining for that last great train piece I need to add to my collection. I am e mailing all of you so you can have sympathy for my medical condition and donate any Lionel train or accessory you may have so that I may enhance my collection.
Please send them for free and prepay the freight so that I may add to my collection at your expense, and please feel very sorry for me!
rhodyguy
i fail to see where he states ANYWHERE he wants it for FREE, shipping included. it's not like he's selling a fucked up a piece of shit advertised as "DELUXE" LE valance that doesn't fit and looks like it's been thrown down a flight of stairs, that the consumer has to pay the return shipping on.

k
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 26 2007, 11:12 AM) *

i fail to see where he states ANYWHERE he wants it for FREE, shipping included. it's not like he's selling a fucked up a piece of shit advertised as "DELUXE" LE valance that doesn't fit and looks like it's been thrown down a flight of stairs, that the consumer has to pay the return shipping on.

k

That was the free one. Do you have any Lionel trains for me?
lagunero
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 26 2007, 11:39 AM) *

Maybe I fail to read the humor or maybe it's clearly stated when you claim to be an asshole but posts like yours are the reason this place gets out of hand.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(lagunero @ Sep 26 2007, 12:16 PM) *

Maybe I fail to read the humor or maybe it's clearly stated when you claim to be an asshole but posts like yours are the reason this place gets out of hand.

Indeed you did Alberto. Unfortunately there are Many Many Many members here without a sense of humor.
After 30 years I still have mine though! I sincerely apologize for offending you and will make note.
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 26 2007, 03:27 PM) *

Indeed you did Alberto. Unfortunately there are Many Many Many members here without a sense of humor.
After 30 years I still have mine though! I sincerely apologize for offending you and will make note.

George I found the humor. It appears that the last few posts someone forgot to change their tampon.
So.Cal.914

Oh for gods sake "lighten up Frances".

Without a sense of humor we are just Apes with opposable thumbs.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
thank you !
I really do not want to offend anyone. The bottom line here is that the Dutch girl Hilde Dejonckheere who works here, knows of this guy and he asks for free stuff all of the time! She says the dutch are the cheapskates of the world but also have all of the money in europe!!!!!!!!!!!!! (after all they used to own Manhattan!) so they must be doing something right!

Any one have any Lionel trains they want to sell? Post war preferred?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 26 2007, 01:26 PM) *

thank you !
I really do not want to offend anyone. The bottom line here is that the Dutch girl Hilde Dejonckheere who works here, knows of this guy and he asks for free stuff all of the time! She says the dutch are the cheapskates of the world but also have all of the money in europe!!!!!!!!!!!!! (after all they used to own Manhattan!) so they must be doing something right!

Do they bring back memories of your Army days? I think I have some from the civil war...Is that post war for you? hide.gif
rmital
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 26 2007, 04:26 PM) *

...post war...how long they been making those dam things.
found a set in my Dad's attic, made mid60's, wasn't really worth too much.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
My feelings now are really hurt! (LOL) I am only 55!!!! As my buddy says:
"Maybe I fail to read the humor or maybe ................ but posts like yours are the reason this place gets out of hand." (LOL harder)

Let's always get it a little more out of hand!!!!!!!!!!! That is what makes it fun!!!!!!!

I was playing with Lionel Trains when you were not yet even a thought in your Dad's head young man (and then all of the boys began to play with dolls! (GI Joes!)

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 26 2007, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 26 2007, 01:26 PM) *

thank you !

Do they bring back memories of your Army days? I think I have some from the civil war...Is that post war for you? hide.gif

So.Cal.914
You must have started early George.
rmital
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 26 2007, 04:36 PM) *

I think I have some from the civil war...Is that post war for you? hide.gif

av-943.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 26 2007, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 26 2007, 04:26 PM) *

...post war...how long they been making those dam things.
found a set in my Dad's attic, made mid60's, wasn't really worth too much.

ok ray I am ready to buy them! there is a nut case for everything If you saw my attic room you would know that it is true!
pin31
I wish my Dad had collected Lionel trains instead of American Flier.

I've got a bunch of American Flier trains (they're pretty cool too).
So.Cal.914
How about railroad spikes from the 1800's?
lagunero
Thanks George. You didn't have to and I do appreciate.
Sorry I missed it. Carry on Gentlemen.

LongARM
i'm collecting vin number tags, i need a 914 so if someone could pull one off their windshield for me. I'll pay postage.

...did the Dutch make any cars.???? bootyshake.gif
alpha434
Ask him to trade for the RUF badging he's got hanging there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.