Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Porsche Type Font Artwork
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgara962
Does anyone have the "PORSCHE" type font in a 300 dpi JPEG or TIFF file that they can send me? Photoshop has a couple of fonts that are close, but not close enough.

Rand
Download it from Rennlist. That is the TTF font, not a jpg or tiff. But I would think you would want that anyway... Better quality at whatever size you want in any program you want.
jgara962
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 26 2007, 10:21 AM) *

Download it from Rennlist. That is the TTF font, not a jpg or tiff. But I would think you would want that anyway... Better quality at whatever size you want in any program you want.

Thanks for the link, but my computer downloads it to a Temporary file, and then I can't find the file when I do a search. blink.gif Who know's where it goes too?
Rand
Are you running Windows? If so, right click the following link and specify where you want to save it. ("Save link as," or "save target as," depending on your browser.)

porsche.ttf

It's final destination is going to be C:\WINDOWS\FONTS
Just copying it there may work. If not, you may have to use the Fonts Control Panel to install it.
jgara962
That worked as far as downloading the font, but in some programs it just comes up as blocks, and in Photoshop it has the font loaded, but types blanks when you try and use it.

If anyone just has it scanned and can send it, that would be the easisest at this point. I'll keep playing with the font though and see if I can make it work.
Rand
Note, this font is case sensitive. ONLY uppercase letters will work. Lowercase will either show blocks or blanks. Give it a try with all caps.

beer.gif
jgara962
caps lock on = success!!!

Thanks!
Rand
Woohoo! smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
jgara962
And here's what I did with it. I saw someone over at the Early 911S Registry that would make a factory type poster with your car and image and thought to myself "I can do that". So I did. I think I'm going to take it to Kinko's and see if they can print it out on an 18 x 24 sheet of paper and then put it in a frame.
dlo914
Nice! Tell us how much it runs for that size of a print on a glossy type of paper.
jgara962
About $27 at Sir Speedy.
zymurgist
That's hot! aktion035.gif
lotus_65
nice.
i should do something like that for my car.
Bartlett 914
Your car looks great! drooley.gif
jaminM3
That is a great idea! w00t.gif

I wish my car looked like that.. sad2.gif
woobn8r
Maybe you could start a club service and put some $ towards your teener....

Nice Job!
jgara962
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Sep 27 2007, 08:18 PM) *

Maybe you could start a club service and put some $ towards your teener....

Nice Job!

I'm still waiting to see how this turns out. Sir Speedy is having file issues, but hopefully we will get them all sorted out tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.