Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group consensus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
smile.gif Whut up fello teenerphiles??

The time is nearing that I can begin rebuilding the already 'rebuilt' BlackSabbath -

A few years ago Hurricane bitch unleashed her fury onto my newly rebuilt '71. finger.gif Caused all sorts of minor body rash all over it. sad.gif I have since become convinced I will never find stock metal lids which are as good as new, at least w/o putting 10 pounds of filler on them and never getting the contours correct again.

Sooo, now I am making the switch to glass lids. I am not going with carbon fiber due to the incessant sunlight of SoFl degrading them as well as $$$$$$$ and also I want my lids body color matched.

Soooooo, Which manufacturer do I go with so I only have to do the minimal instead of having to completely remake them myself like I did my F/G Flares??? I really dislike shelling out clams for products I then have to do a major on for fitment.

Who,,who,,,who?? confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
carr914
Getty
McMark
Getty.
Rand
This topic comes up about once per month. The answer is always the same.

Getty Design.

Love it when that happens. smile.gif
G e o r g e
Click to view attachment

get your shopping done today aktion035.gif
Rand
You mentioned glass, but if you happen to be interested in carbon fiber, now is the time to see about getting in on the group buy.
IronHillRestorations
I got a very nice set of CF hood and decklid from MA Shaw.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.