Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Polygraphite Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KenH
If you are using If you are using Polygraphite Bushings for the Rear Swing Arm be aware they can break.

The one pictured is from my Race Car and it might not be as much of a problem with a street car.

I lost one bushing completely at the track. The shoulder was gone so the Swing Arm was moving back and forth on the shaft.

Pulled both swing Arms and found the bushing on the other Arm was badly damaged.

They had been in the car for about 4 years.

For those using them in race applications I would suggest checking them once a year after about 2 seasons.

Yea, I know it means realignment, but that’s better than loosing Track time.

Ken
for the Rear Swing Arm be aware they can break.

The one pictured is from my Race Car and it might not be as much of a problem with a street car.

I lost one bushing completely at the track. The shoulder was gone so the Swing Arm was moving back and forth on the shaft.

Pulled both swing Arms and found the bushing on the other Arm was badly damaged.

They had been in the car for about 4 years.

For those using them in race applications I would suggest checking them once a year after about 2 seasons.

Yea, I know it means realignment, but that’s better than loosing Track time.

Ken
Joe Ricard
Yup, I am replacing my rear bushings soon. I have one that is just about shot. Car is not going anywhere till it gets replaced.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.