Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New engine mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
So, I finally had some time to throw my car on the rack at the shop. I installed a pair of new engine mounts since my old ones ripped the tops right off. While I had it up there, thought it would be a good idea to do a trans fluid flush. The stuff came out gold colored -- wow. Those were my synchros, break bands, gears etc. Replaced with some Swepco and now it shifts like KY.

Oh, and I can do burnouts again. Yay!
Cap'n Krusty
And exactly HOW does Kentucky shift? The Cap'n

BTW, if the gear oil came out "gold", new oil ain't gonna fix it .............
Brando
Cap'n I know I got issues with this trans... The fluid hasn't been changed in a long time. When I can afford new synchros and break bands and bearings and gaskets I intend to service the transmission.

Who knows... I may just get another for a few bills, rebuild that and throw it in with the engine I plan to install (I can finish work on it once I get my engine stand back). This one, the drain plug is seriously fucked up. I drained it by removing the gear-selection cover on the left.

...And not KY the state...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.