Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 w/steel wheels pics?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Danny_Ocean
Does anyone have pics of a 914 with steel wheels? I don't want to spend a lot of skanool on wheels/tires until I do my 5-lug conversion, so...thinking about steel wheels with no covers for a 550 Spyder look until then:

IPB Image

Thanks!
sixnotfour
Great Pic
bigkensteele
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 26 2007, 09:07 PM) *

Great Pic

That is a cool pic. Any details on the car or GI. Obviously, it has 916 bumpers, but is not a 916, which dates it to the point when the aftermarket started making 916 bumpers (I don't know when that was). The steelies also look pretty custom. Would love to know the story on this one.

Ken
Ferg
Dijon Bomb wub.gif
jaminM3
Here are some more steel wheels...
jaminM3
more..
jaminM3
one more..
KELTY360
I don't have a pic, but I like 'em with the centers painted black and the outer rim stays silver.
Pat Garvey
I don't think you stated whether you wanted pic's or four or six steelies.

Attached is a pic of my '72 with steelies & caps, from last spring. He's been on jackstands since May.

I can make pics of the wheels w/o caps if you like. LMK
Pat
IronHillRestorations
I like the early steel wheels with hubcaps better than the later X style wheels.

The "helicopter pilot" shot has what I'm guessing to be custom width five lug wheels. The five lug wheels have more holes than the four lug, 10 I believe.

I still want to have some custom offset 7"s steel wheels made for stock fenders. Then have them chromed, and then put center badges from the five lug hubcaps onto a stock hubcap. Probably end up costing more than alloys though. I like the retro look.
SirAndy
QUOTE(9146986 @ Sep 27 2007, 05:40 PM) *

I still want to have some custom offset 7"s steel wheels made for stock fenders.

jenny got a set of custom 7" steelies on her car ...
shades.gif Andy
root
Here ya go -

245/50-15 Dunlops on Steel Diamond Racing Wheels

"Blackie" Stealth914......
Danny_Ocean
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 27 2007, 08:01 PM) *

I don't have a pic, but I like 'em with the centers painted black and the outer rim stays silver.

That's an idea. Might give it a try.
Danny_Ocean
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 27 2007, 08:09 PM) *

I don't think you stated whether you wanted pic's or four or six steelies.

What's the difference btwn. 4's & 6's (wheels)? My car is a '71 914, but has been converted to a six. Four lugs for now...will upgrade to five lugs and Fuchs in the future.
Gint
Somebody say steelies?

IPB Image
Jenny
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 27 2007, 06:56 PM) *

jenny got a set of custom 7" steelies on her car ...
shades.gif Andy

And mine are black from brake dust! burnout.gif
Jen
dlo914
C'mon, Jenny you know not to state it and not post a picture up thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Silver Surfer
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 27 2007, 08:01 PM) *

I agree, semi gloss black with chrome trim rings. It's a cheap and easy way to get over "wheel inferiority complex" at least temporarily.

I have the paint; I just need to remember what I did with the trim rings.
johannes
I have the picture !!!
johannes
They are dirty on this picture ....
dlo914
I thought this was her 14'
KELTY360
QUOTE(johannes @ Sep 28 2007, 02:14 PM) *

I have the picture !!!

That's what I'm talkin 'bout!
Silver Surfer
QUOTE(johannes @ Sep 28 2007, 02:14 PM) *

I have the picture !!!

Yes! Sweet!

I'm doing that.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(root @ Sep 27 2007, 09:04 PM) *

Here ya go -

245/50-15 Dunlops on Steel Diamond Racing Wheels

"Blackie" Stealth914......

Got any more pix of that? drooley.gif
rjames
These steelies will be up for sale soon:

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.