Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Wipers NOT working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
The Windshield Wipers in my '73 are Not working.

I've checked the Fuse and it's ok. (checked the Relay, not part of the equation, apparently!)

Does that mean it's the Switch? IF so,
can someone provide some easy directions on how to Replace the switch?

I found this on the 'bird board',
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...iper_switch.htm

is that what I want to do?

Thanks for your Help.
So.Cal.914
Hi Scott, I don't know the history of the car your working on but I can tell you

situation I have come across. RUST, under the hood in the mechanicals near the

drive motor for your wipers. I kept trying to figure out why they did not

work..."Yup, has power, switch works, wires are fine...WTF?" I used a white lithium

'spray' lube (it has a 'carrier' that keeps it thin until it evaporates). Worked.

My .02
dinomium
I just had a short where the power wire was rubbing on the dash support...
PeeGreen 914
If you need a new motor let me know. I am about to junk it otherwise.
orthobiz
I had my wipers freeze up in the 80's. The moving parts had corroded together (I don't think it was rust but maybe I'm in denial).

Anyway, as I remember it, I took off the front hood, took out the gas tank and got to the wiper mechanism/motor. Took that apart, cleaned the dickens out of it, put some lithium grease inside and Voila! back in business.

It was about the biggest little job I ever did on my old Zambesi. Hours of work for a couple of minutes of fixing.

One thing I did note, however: I could tell the motor was straining to do something twisty on the the wiper arms. They just wouldn't budge.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.