Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front end shipping?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaybird840
I've got a line on a late 911 front end that I'd need to have shipped. What's the cheapest way to get it done? Need some quick advice... Thanks!

--jaybird
blitZ
I've heard of shipping large items via Greyhound as being a cheap route. I believe you have to drop/pickup at the bus station.
rhodyguy
yep, the dog might be cheapest. pretty fast too. each of the strut sides might have to shipping independently. the whole front end assembled might not be accepted due to space limitations in the bagage compartment.

k
boxstr
If you ship doggy style it needs to be clean.
CCLINSEETHEUSA
rhodyguy
not if you wrap them up in 6mil plastic and seal them with duct tape.

k
tyler
Call freightquote.com, I just got a real good price from them.
rhodyguy
how much? from where to where? 'dock to dock'? what is the weight and what packaging conditions are there?

k
Chuck
I had my complete front end sent to me via fedex ground (California to MN) for ~$150. That was struts, hubs, rotors, calipers, steering rack, aluminum cross member, a arms and anti-roll bar. YMMV.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(blitZ @ Sep 27 2007, 05:16 AM) *

I've heard of shipping large items via Greyhound as being a cheap route. I believe you have to drop/pickup at the bus station.

Yup. Our VW shop ships fenders, windshields and hood via Greyhound all across the continental US.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.