Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know which direction Boxster radiator flows?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Just modified the Y pipes for the parallel plumbing but am not sure which direction the flow should be...

Click to view attachment
byndbad914
Hey Felix - don't know the exact answer for sure about a Boxster, but I know this much - it doesn't matter which direction water flows through a radiator per se (the core is non-directional), so I would just make sure water flows in the top and is pulled from the bottom (that way gravity creates a pressure head on the water pump). You never want to try to suck from the top (somehow I see a joke coming with that statement biggrin.gif )
fiid
Are you sure they are run in parallel and not in series?
neo914-6
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Sep 27 2007, 02:46 PM) *

Hey Felix - don't know the exact answer for sure about a Boxster, but I know this much - it doesn't matter which direction water flows through a radiator per se (the core is non-directional), so I would just make sure water flows in the top and is pulled from the bottom (that way gravity creates a pressure head on the water pump). You never want to try to suck from the top (somehow I see a joke coming with that statement biggrin.gif )

I agree it makes sense. I won't touch that last part laugh.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 27 2007, 03:30 PM) *

Are you sure they are run in parallel and not in series?

from how the stock pipes were configured, yes. Series impedes flow and makes one heat exchanger work harder too...

Still need to pick up that ball joint wrench, how does next week look?
fiid
Next week should be fine. At lunch time, I'm in the office on Wednesday and Friday, at other times of the day I'm around Tue, Wed and Friday.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.