Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where to buy paint online?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I have a 1975 with paint code L11D Berber Yellow and I have done some clean up work and chassis stiffening and I'm getting close to repainting the bottom of the car. I have tried several local paint retailers and they either aren't interested in selling me paint or they keep telling me the paint code is Raveena green. So I did a web search and people like paintscratch and others don't seem to sell it. So where to buy qts/gallons of paint? I may just take a piece of painted metal I cut off to Home Depot or Lowes and have them computer match a oil based high gloss enamel for the underside. Any help is appreciated. beerchug.gif
notbobvilla
This is what Dupont shows for L11D.
rfuerst911sc
Nope that's not it. It's actually closer to L11C on that chart.
notbobvilla
Hmmm. Well here is the Porsche chip scan.
jd74914
Get the code for berber yellow and ask your local PPG dealer to match it. Thats what I did for my paint . . . they have all of the colors by Porsche paint code on their computers.

Better yet, I would pull off a headlight cover and have your paint shop match it just in case your car isn't exactly beber yellow. smile.gif

Just as a caution, colors don't look the same on computer as they do on the car, especially in the case of yellows and oranges. My summer yellow looks a little different on the car than it does on most online pictures.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(notbobvilla @ Sep 27 2007, 06:40 PM) *

Well that clears things up. blink.gif
So.Cal.914
http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.html

L11D as Berber yellow

rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 27 2007, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(notbobvilla @ Sep 27 2007, 06:40 PM) *

Well that clears things up. blink.gif

SoCal914 I nearly wet myself laughing after reading your response as that is exactly what I was thinking biggrin.gif But seriously my car is definately L11D Berber yellow I have confirmed by the metal tag on the drivers door pillar and by photos of Berber yellow. I guess I'll continue searching.
Joe Ricard
Take an eyebrow or head light cover in to the paint store. They should be able to match it perfectly.

I did on line once with Tower paint in Wisconsin. got some Alaska Blue Metallic that matched very nicely.

sww914
OMG! 6 yellows! Dontcha think maybe 2 or 3 different yellow would have covered it? 6 yellows in 7 years!
jd74914
A bunch are repeats though, they renamed the colors a few times laugh.gif
So.Cal.914
L13K and L13M were renamed.
jaminM3
Unique color thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.