Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Guru's Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
I'm finally starting to figure out what the hell the PO did on the electrical system.
Basic information 74 shaved marker lights.
When the PO wired the marker and signal lights I'm not sure what he was thinking.
Sometimes the marker lights run and sometimes they don't. Signal only works on the passanger side. Driver side is dead.

So here is the first question: Can anyone tell me the wire color for the marker light and the turn signal?

2nd, is the marker light on the driver side on a seperate wire/fuse then the marker light on the passanger side?

Sorry far from electronically gifted.
Feedback is appreaciated.

Thanks
brian
BMartin914
Where's your test light Bri? Switch on the marker lights and test the wires for power. Or try and decipher the haynes. I don't have a color diagram in front of me.

Are your T/S buckets modified for the extra "parking" light?
Twystd1
Hey Brian... Your funny looking...

And I agree with Ben... Wheres your test light..???????????

And when the hell are ya gunna call me again..????

OH.. And did I tell tell you that you are funny looking..???? agree.gif

Just wanted to make sure. chair.gif

Cheers, biggrin.gif
Clayton
TINCAN914

I might be ugly, but not nearly as funny looking as you are clay.. biggrin.gif
In answer to both of you. I am using a test light, but there is one wire, grey and red, that has a split, (pigtail?) looks as thoug it was meant to run from the ts bucket to the marker light, but it;s dead. I was wondering if that might be correct? before I try to run it down. Again it has no juice. I have tried it with the key on off with the signal switch on and off. I have the intermitent (sp) power on when the signal switch is thrown, so I have identified the switch wire. The haz lights all blink when the switch is pulled, so I am abeling wires as I pull them to test for power.

Ben, I have a color print of the schematics on my lap top, but they are a bit hard to read, (for me) since I don't know squat about the system.

QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Sep 27 2007, 11:46 PM) *

Hey Brian... Your funny looking...

And I agree with Ben... Wheres your test light..???????????

And when the hell are ya gunna call me again..????

OH.. And did I tell tell you that you are funny looking..???? agree.gif

Just wanted to make sure. chair.gif

Cheers, biggrin.gif
Clayton

Dr Evil
Clean your contacts!
Here is a pic someone posted long ago with the wiring for a 71. It should be close.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.