Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: original vinyl for sail panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
freezing14
Click to view attachmentand if it is neither, what does it look like , ok i got 2 vinyl kits, not sure what is original and what garbage
sixerdon
The one on the right looks like the print for the sails on the roll bar. But neither are close for the interior seats or door panels. I'm not familiar with current replacement material in the market, but the interior material should imitate stressed leather. Look at some of the interior photos in this forum.
Don
freezing14
stupid me ,, forgot to say that it is the sail panel vinyl, so i can safely assume that i have to install the right one
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(freezing14 @ Sep 29 2007, 09:41 AM) *

stupid me ,, forgot to say that it is the sail panel vinyl, so i can safely assume that i have to install the right one

Yves,

The one on the right IS correct for the sail panels. Be forewarned, though - it may shrink some after the install, and it mat take a couple of years to shrink. So, I would cut about a sixteenth of an inch (you do the metrics) larger than you need.

I had one side shrink about a quarter inch, while the other side did nada - musr be an install/glue effect thing.

Nevertheless, the right pic is what I call the "pinhead grain" & it's right for the sail panels. Good Luck.
Pat
freezing14
cool thanks, i'll keep in mind the shrinking factor, it will look so different once that is on

I keep finding that it take so much time to reassemble I have to spend so much time cleaning bits and bits and I am always looking for that dawm special scew and once i have found it , I got to plate it , more time,,

Thanks Pat

Yves
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.