Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wire Route Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I had a PW switch mounted in the rear part of the center console, jus in fron to the armrest. The center cosole has been removed now and I'm trying to remount the PW switch in the same general location.

My question is whether running the wire loom inside the tunnel to the forward inspection hole would cause unintended problems.

My plan B is to run the along sde the tunnel under the carpet

Any help will be appreciated, and...PW = power window...

Jim
swl
I suppose the 'right' way to do it would be to lash it to the existing harness that passes through there but that could be an interesting job with access issues. If you lay it in free style the only problems I could thing of is fouling on the throttle or clutch cable. As long as you keep to the right that shouldn't be a problem. Might catch if you ever have to take out the fuel lines but how often do you do that?

I'm not a fan of laying electrical stuff under carpet but that's just me.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(swl @ Sep 29 2007, 08:43 AM) *

I suppose the 'right' way to do it would be to lash it to the existing harness that passes through there but that could be an interesting job with access issues. If you lay it in free style the only problems I could thing of is fouling on the throttle or clutch cable. As long as you keep to the right that shouldn't be a problem. Might catch if you ever have to take out the fuel lines but how often do you do that?

I'm not a fan of laying electrical stuff under carpet but that's just me.

Thanks. Right side looks ok
lotus_65
you'd put wires in here?
Click to view attachment

pretty nasty... maybe if they where in a sleeve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.