Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sort of OT: Whats the deal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
or change my lame title, location, etc.

the security codes don'tshow either on the change email setting page.

Cant keep up with everyones everchanging cyber-personas! blink.gif
rick 918-S
I had the same problem a week ago or so. I was attempting to use my old Windows 98 Think Pad. I switched computers to my wifes XP And I completed the change. Funny thing is, my old think pad still shows an avatar I used months ago. Strange.... Kind of an area 54 thing if you ask me.... assimilate.gif
swood
Who says Aliens only abduct people?
unsure.gif
rick 918-S
lol3.gif lol2.gif assimilate.gif lol2.gif lol3.gif I love the color of your car!
redshift
Youa can'ta changea de avatara ifa youa don'ta knowa thea secreta handa shakea.

chair.gif

PSa: Ia hatea youa fora youa havinga de colora ona youra cara ofa de eggaplanta!

Ma
swood
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ha.

I must be trippin. I no see any stinkin avatars at all!

You're a funny one M.
redshift
Ever see the movie called '28 days' or something like that?

Yeah, I just drove on that interstate for about an hour, just me, and 18 of Bambi(no)'s relatives..

It was like Santa crashed out there somewhere, and the reindeer were wandering around with con-cuss-ions...

Oh yeah! I was cussin'!

wink.gif

M
swood
Gwen knew how to get a party started...
seanery
i see a new avatar dewd.
Rusty
Did you clear all the cached information on the computer you were using? I'm assuming you're not on AOHell.

-Rusty cool.gif
swood
Nope on the cache clearing. It's weird, at home (now) I see only a few random avatars on the pages. Mines not one. At work I have no problem, except for editing sigs, etc.

Earthlink here, Win2k. Work is dsl.net and NT4.0

This isn't a huge deal, just weird.
Joe Bob
Well, I can't modify my avatar signature either....
swood
can we get our club subscription money back?
Gint
Uuummmm, fellas...

This sounds like what we in the industry call "operator error". I just changed my avatar and title.
Joe Bob
Kiss this Ginter....."I" can change the avatar, just not the line under it......and YES I Know it's on another page.
swood
IBForums Message

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You must complete the form fully before proceeding. Please go back and check the data you entered.

This is the error I get when I try to change my profile line. No matter what I try to do, it no werky.
Joe Bob
Me three.....

I got yer operator error dangling Gint...... mueba.gif
Gint
HAHA! laugh.gif

It's your Custom member title" in the "• Edit Profile info" page under "Personal Profile" section.

And I've changed mine twice now. It's working fine.
Gint
swood,

You have to put a VIN # in the first field. It's required. If you don't fill in that field, you will get that exact error.
Joe Bob
Here's a customer service thought.....put a freakin asterick or something at the VIN # as a required field.....
Gint
How about:

"Required Information, this section must be completed" right above the VIN field?
Joe Bob
Too easy.....
swood
Is the vin reqmt new?? I've never had to do that before. Any idea why i cant see avatars or the secret code when i go to the change my email page?
redshift
The first time I logged in from Augusta, I didn't see but a few avatars, it was like a ghost town..

-shrug-

I didn't figure it out, it just fixed itself.

M
Gint
Is the vin reqmt new?? I've never had to do that before. Any idea why i cant see avatars or the secret code when i go to the change my email page?

Can't answer the first question - It was defined by one of the admins. I'm not sure when.

As for the code images in the change email page, that 's busted. Has been for a little while. We're looking into it.
seanery
yes, the vin reqt is very new. Its easy to get past if you don't know yours.
redshift
Most common VIN is 474000001

M
Qarl
You can put what ever in the VIN field... "Bite me!" would even work!
r_towle
bite me is my vin #....did they make more cars with that VIN #???

That is the same thing I use anytime I MUST fill in required information...

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.