Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exterior Emblem Restoration ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
webtrader
Click to view attachment Hello all,

I was wondering of anyone knows of a place that offers exterior emblem restorations?

headbang.gif The prior owner of my 1971 914-6 painted the rear emblem black to cover areas of the gold that had been rubbed off. I would like to restore it to its original color if possible.

I think these emblems are no longer available, correct me if I am wrong. I did call my local Porsche dealer and he said he will try to see if he can get any from Germany?

Doe's anyone have one for sale ??

Thanks much,
Jim bye1.gif
McMark
IIRC, those emblems are metal, so gold plating might be an option. No I'm not kidding. There are places that do it, but they probably won't be specializing in emblems, they'll just be specializing in plating/coating in general. Step one will be to nail down what it's made out of. Step two will be to call some plating places in your area to see what they can recommend. I imagine that after a little leg work, you'll be on the right track. thumb3d.gif
stateofidleness
those pop up on ebay pretty regularly
might snag one off a roller?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there are plenty of them available new and in stock at the usual suspects places.
Eric_Shea
Probably best to buy new.

Pot metal is not the most reliable for replating.
burton73
This is not like getting a new VW Porsche-914-6 emblem. The price should be much lower. There are lots or people that did pipm kits before so I am sure you will find some one on the web. That gold plates emblems for cars. There are used ones around. I think my car has a gold one that I am removing.

Remove the black on your emblem with acetone and sent it to a place that does it. I have seen it done by hand at car shows. It is a very thin gold they put on. Very small tank tabletop set up. It may not last very long.

http://www.brushplate.com/gold.htm

Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.