Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: welder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rufio0205
any body know a good welder in orlando fl that could weld up my floors. need it to be real soon too.

thanks

thomas
Spoke
Thomas,

You may get similar answers from others, so let me be the first. For the $$ that you give to someone to do ONE of the welding jobs you need on your 914, you would have paid for part or all of a welding unit for yourself.

110V welders can be had from $250-$500 and up then all labor is just your time. I bought mine for about $700 and have welded many things on my 914 and my friend's vehicles since then.

I didn't know how to weld when I got mine and now I've worked my way up to just a poor welder.

Spoke

BTW, I don't know of a welder in FL.
rfuerst911sc
I agree with spoke a mig welder isn't that much money and will pay for itself fairly quickly. But if you are not a DIYer then maybe not. I am in Orlando and do have a mig welder but I'm just a average welder as I am learning as I go on my /6 conversion. You might want to call some of the local independant Porsche shops like Zotz,Redbone etc. to see who they recommend.
rufio0205
i have a welder at work. but i myself do not weld. so i am going to learn this coming weekend. on my floors. so, yeah. thanks guys. the thing is i know a guy that can do it for me it just isn't in my time frame. and he would do it for free. he just cant do it for like 3 weeks. and as well all know. time is money. if i dont have this done asap. ill have much larger problem than floors dropping out from underneath me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.