Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 tunning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
41ghost
a freind brought his car to me so i could tune it up , and i did , also put a pertronics in it. it ran great for a little bit , now its back to having some stuttering when you shift to the next gear on exceleration. when you let off and push the peddle back down it goes away. what the heck. put some injector cleaner in to try and help but no help yet. what does this sound to you guys that know stock 2.0's.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you may want to reinstall the points set the dwell and timing and then recheck There could be many different things that cause the shudder. Is the car fuel injected? (hopefully?)
41ghost
yes it is fuel injected. i'll need to get a timing light to check that but it has electronic egnition also. where does the vaccume line that comes off the distributor go? maybe thats it. the one that comes out the top of the vaccume aparatus.
41ghost
no other sugestions?
Joe Ricard
With the engine off and ignition on (do this quickly) actuate the throttle to wide open, you should here the injector firing sounds like "brrbrppp"
IronHillRestorations
Check that the movement of the advance plate in the distributor isn't sticking. George suggested this for car I was having touble with.

I'm not a Pertronix fan, but there's plenty here that like them.
41ghost
QUOTE(9146986 @ Sep 30 2007, 09:56 AM) *

Check that the movement of the advance plate in the distributor isn't sticking. George suggested this for car I was having touble with.

I'm not a Pertronix fan, but there's plenty here that like them.

i love pertronics or any other good electronic ignition. but i do think i have found the problem,i should have checked this earlyer, the pressure sensor is not holding and vaccume at all , probably the gremlin . does anyone fix these or have some working ones.
IronHillRestorations
Bleyseng is his user name. Geoff can hook you up.
41ghost
maybe he'll post and give me a hand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.