Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanna buy a Speedster?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
Me too. I can't seem to find my checkbook though. Oh well.

8 Speedster collection for sale

drooley.gif

Snip from the blog I found it on:

This is an interesting concept…bundling the most important examples of a particular early model and selling them as a group for more then they would be worth individually.

I agree. $8.5M seems kinda steep wacko.gif but who knows what Jerry Seinfeld thinks?

Happy Saturday. I'm reinstalling my fuel tank today.... cheer.gif
Eric_Shea
Jerry get's an incomplete set. I just called Paul and picked up the American Roadster. wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
All that hi falutin' effort, and they spelled "concours" wrong .....................

The Cap'n
orthobiz
John Paterek sold his America for 1 million.
Therefore the group is not worth what they're asking.
But it does make interesting reading.

Paul
1970 Neun vierzehn
OK then, this thread therefore begs the question,

Does anyone, besides George at A/A, have a complete set of 914/4s and 914/6s and all their varients? That would be something to see in person or in print; /4 and /6, 1.7,1.8,2.0, app. group, 1970-1976.

Probably a good pic of a collection like that would make a good poster, sort of like what George did years ago with a poster of his "rare" 914s.

Paul
jimtab
I don't know about it not being worth the price...folks with cubic money have payed much more for much less in my opinion....pretty nice set....
Lavanaut
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Sep 29 2007, 11:20 AM) *

John Paterek sold his America for 1 million.
Therefore the group is not worth what they're asking.
But it does make interesting reading.

Hey it's worth it if someone will pay it...so I guess we'll see. I do think that there's added value in the legwork of collecting and documenting the collection...
Jake Raby
I did some engine work on a '59 Carrera GT lightweight that raced Lemans in 1960- it sold for 416K in 2003 after a 235K restoration that took 12 years.
KaptKaos
Great cars.

Crappy website. Looks like it came from 1996.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.