Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jared's luck with his car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
The latest that Jared had happen to him while driving his 914. Anyone ever do this before?

skline
So the next question is, does anyone have a spare Falken RT-215 laying around? Or anything even close?
Rusty
WTF.gif

Not I. I hope he kept control of the car and everyone is fine.
skline
He is 22 years old, of course he is fine and no actual damage to the car or the wheel.
Allan
What happened?

Sidewall come apart?

Hard corner?

Hit something?
davep
QUOTE(skline @ Sep 29 2007, 10:54 AM) *

So the next question is, does anyone have a spare Falken RT-215 laying around?

I'd be looking for anything else but a Falken if that is how they fail!
skline
QUOTE(Headrage @ Sep 29 2007, 11:14 AM) *

What happened?

Sidewall come apart?

Hard corner?

Hit something?

Not sure really, he had it towed home and said he was on the freeway. The entire sidewall was cut all the way around on both sides, He just left to go find a tire for it.

It just seems he has bad luck with cars in general. If it can break, he will find a way. smile.gif
Brando
Holy crap.

Replace them all.
brer
i'd call falken and demand a new one.
skline
He just got home with 2 new rear RT-615's mounted. He says he doesn't like the tread pattern as well. But he has new tires on the back now so he can drive it again.

Aaron Cox
scary LOL
Cap'n Krusty
Looks like "sudden depressurization" to me. Probably because he ran the tire at too low pressure, causing a heat buildup, resulting in separation of the tread. Looks like those huge bits of tire that litter our freeways. And, no, they AREN'T the remains of "retreads". The Cap'n
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Many yrs. i had to borrow my dads Buick, for a day. I was driveing at about 40

mph for 15 mins. or so when BIG vibration in left rear. I pulled over ,got out and

the whole tread had completely separated from the tire carcass and was

smokeing. After a long talk with dad,cause was determind to be,oil changes done

at instant oil change places, and of course they ALWAYS check air pressure in the

tires. Needless to say from that day I took over the maintaince of his car.

I told him i didn't want to take a chance of him killing mom and him. You know

from that day on he really got a kick out of calling me at work and asking me

when he could pick me up to get the oil changed!!! And so did I.

Dave slap.gif

dlo914
Had a similar blow out on a Falken RT-615 (205/40/16) i dunno what i hit on the 605 South (possibly a dip, or my front suspension was too stiff), but it made the tread portion tear away from the sidewall similar to what happen to Jared.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.