Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one slips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
drew365
I've decided to go modern and bought a water pumper. it's a '99 Boxster with 82K miles and in near perfect condition. I plan on turning it into a Spec Boxster track car and running with the POC. It's so nice that I plan on not doing anything to it for a few weeks so I can use it to run around town and enjoy it. Fall is a perfect time for a new convertible. I really didn't need one that was this nice but it was a great deal so I went for it. Even the wife seems to like it, amazing!
drew365
Here's the pic:
JPB
Look at tit, init cu? So are ya gonna put flares on it? poke.gif
IronHillRestorations
Boxsters are fun! The more I live with mine, the more 914ish it feels. The good heat and a/c are a major plus.
drew365
QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 30 2007, 03:15 AM) *

In the Spec Boxster series, all cars are the same (spec) and the rules don't allow for flares or massive tires. There's quite a few modifications to make the cars more tossable, sway bars, springs, shocks, lightened flywheel, clutch kit, short throw shifter. The interior will get gutted, top removed, roll cage installed, hardtop put on. Lots of new parts to buy.
grantsfo
Cool keep us updated to your progress!
DanT
QUOTE(drew365 @ Sep 30 2007, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 30 2007, 03:15 AM) *

In the Spec Boxster series, all cars are the same (spec) and the rules don't allow for flares or massive tires. There's quite a few modifications to make the cars more tossable, sway bars, springs, shocks, lightened flywheel, clutch kit, short throw shifter. The interior will get gutted, top removed, roll cage installed, hardtop put on. Lots of new parts to buy.

Spec boxsters are a great racing platform...
BillP with his red (Lucille) has had a blast this year, running against much more powerful cars, but not as well balanced as the Spec Box.
I have driven his car on several occassions on the track at TH, and Laguna. The car is an absolute blast to drive. Point it and it goes where ever you ask it to go. And with the more modern suspension, there are lots of things to adjust to make the car handle exactly like you want it to.
Absolutely the most neutral handling car I have ever driven on the track, including very well set up 914s.
Great selection....you are going to love it when you get it done.

And they are great street cars too. I just sold my '99 about 2 months ago...
without a doubt, it was the best Porsche I have owned, and I have owned 8.
grantsfo
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 1 2007, 12:08 PM)

QUOTE(drew365 @ Sep , 10:05 AM)

QUOTE(JPB @ Sep , 03:15 AM)

Spec boxsters are a great racing platform...
BillP with his red (Lucille) has had a blast this year, running against much more powerful cars, but not as well balanced as the Spec Box.
I have driven his car on several occassions on the track at TH, and Laguna. The car is an absolute blast to drive. Point it and it goes where ever you ask it to go. And with the more modern suspension, there are lots of things to adjust to make the car handle exactly like you want it to.
Absolutely the most neutral handling car I have ever driven on the track, including very well set up 914s.
Great selection....you are going to love it when you get it done.

And they are great street cars too. I just sold my '99 about 2 months ago...
without a doubt, it was the best Porsche I have owned, and I have owned 8.

Yes I had my first chance to see how Bill's Boxster handles on the track. Its a very capable little car. And you guys talk about it not having too much power. I was making most of my time on the Boxster in the corners at Laguna Seca in my 914. That little 2.5 in the Boxster with a few mods really screams. It isn't too much slower than my 2.4 powered 914 race car in the straights.

Like Dan my 2002 2.7 was the best car I have owned period.

drew365
I've found that the guys running the spec Boxsters are very competitive with my 2.7 914 on the track. I can outrun most of them except the top two guys. At Buttonwillow last weekend I finally posted a high 2:10 lap. The top Boxster was turning 2:09's. So I'm anxious to see if I'll be slower or faster when I get in one on the track. I'm hoping for the best but I can live with slow. Emphasis on "live". biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.