Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb guys! Help! what size is the nut
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
i seemed to have lost mine. what size is the nut on the outside of the carb that connects the linkage to the carb on the throttleshatft?

please respond ASAP.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(acox914 @ Dec 26 2003, 11:08 AM)
i seemed to have lost mine. what size is the nut on the outside of the carb that connects the linkage to the carb on the throttleshatft?

please respond ASAP.

'the' nut on 'the' throttle shaft ?

you might start by clueing us in on WHAT KIND of carb this is. Solex? Zenith? Mikuni? Stromberg-Carlsen? Weber - and which of the dozen flavors of those ?

double-throat for a 4? IDA ? IDF ? triple-throat IDTP13C for a /6 ?
Drums66
we are waiting Aaron.......in the mean time go back to FI laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
sorry guys....found the right nut. it was a weber 44.
i was driving around and all of a sudden my car lost half of its power. one side of the linkage wasnt hooked up because the nut on the throttle shaft let loose. sorry for the wait. ive been tinkering with the carbs. thanks anyway wavey.gif
rhodyguy
lucky you found it. lock em down. the car drove pretty crappy for the last 1/4 mile didn't it?

kevin
Aaron Cox
no...drove fine. the lock tab had worked flat and the nut spun. but the linkage connector to the carb was still on the square part of the shaft. then it fell of and i only had linlage to one carb.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.