Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Sighting in Costa Mesa
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I went to the show at DD yesterday morning a little after 7 AM. On the way there I was making the right at Adams from Harbor and I see this really nice 57 Chevy being followed by a silver 914 with a large wing on the back. At the show, I was talking to some people and they asked me if I saw the silver V8 car that was there. So I am assuming it is a V8 914 with a big wing on the back and it's silver. Does anyone know who's it is? Is he a member here? Why did he leave the show so early?

jim_hoyland
Scott, I was going down the 405 Sat am and he flew by me. Nice car
dlo914
Did it look similar to one of these two? They're both V8 cars. And i saw them down in Irvine.
IPB Image
IPB Image
jim_hoyland
First one. Seen it a D/D last summer.
skline
Yup! The top one with the big a$$ wing on the back. I did not get to see the front so I missed if it was a slant nose but that looks like the car I saw.

Is he a member here? Jim, do you know him?
PBritain
my friend sees them every weekend in front of his work in fountain valley. cool to finally see some pics of them. nice cars
dlo914
here's a few more pictures of this V8 14': IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(skline @ Sep 30 2007, 09:42 PM) *

Yup! The top one with the big a$$ wing on the back. I did not get to see the front so I missed if it was a slant nose but that looks like the car I saw.

Is he a member here? Jim, do you know him?

Not a member here Scott. Met him at Donut Derelects once. The two silver V-8 914's are frequently seen together...
dlo914
Yeah, these two silver V8's were seen together at this one meet called "Crystal Cove" that's located in the parking lot of this one Ford Development center in Irvine. During the meet they wheeled out this new Shelby creation IPB Image
IPB Image

There were also a handful of other 914's there two 6's, here's a few pics of the 14's i saw there:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Aaron Cox
MFI in a six.... cool
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.