Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What other parts repros do we need?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
JeffBowlsby
Several members here as well as commercial sources fab parts that are no longer available to keep the 914 alive. What else do we need? I can think of a couple, what else?

* TPS rehab

* MPS rehab

* Aluminum trim rehab
jonferns
* Aluminum trim rehab

agree.gif -JON
Pat Garvey
It's a bit obscure, but how about a source for the plastic/nylon tabs that hold the side marker light to the fender? There probably thousands of side marker assemblies out there that are perfectly usable, but one or more of the tabs have broken. These things easily pop out & are replaceable if a source is available. Have no idea what the dimensions are, but I could measure one.
Pat
McMark
Hell, just weld the holes shut Pat! hide.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 1 2007, 10:15 PM) *

Hell, just weld the holes shut Pat! hide.gif

Mark,

You're trying to incite a riot, right?

By now you should know that I don't drill holes where they don't have to be & don't weld holes that the Factory gratiously supplied to me. Beside, my COA is for US delivery.

Troublemaker!
Pat
scotty b
bumper pads
little filler pieces on the window channels
stamping of the lower 4" of the sail panel to extends approx 2" into the quarter panel
fog light grilles
non fog light grilles
front and rear lower valances IN STEEL
GT rockers covers IN STEEL
dash pads
FRONT WINSHIELD TO TOP SEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
interior targa pad
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 6 2007, 08:36 AM) *

bumper pads
stamping of the lower 4" of the sail panel to extends approx 2" into the quarter panel
fog light grilles
non fog light grilles
dash pads
interior targa pad

Nice list, oh Krusty one! You are a thinker!
Johny Blackstain
be nice if someone made these
watsonrx13
Rear trunk plastic striker in the upper rear trunk lock

It is the plastic retainer that holds the spring in place above the plunger.

-- Rob
GWN7
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 6 2007, 06:34 PM) *

bumper pads
fog light grilles
non fog light grilles
dash pads
interior targa pad

Nice list, oh Krusty one! You are a thinker!

Bumper Pads are being worked on
Which filler piece?
waiting on new samples of metal fog light grills....not happy with the ones I received
Someone else was working on the non fog grills in metal....I can have them if there is a strong demand in about a week.
Steel parts...not till I get new machinery
dash pads - see Camp 914
Top Seal...thought the factory was doing these?
Ask Camp 914 if his source that does the pads can do these.

As to the side marker lens plastic holder, I'll be seeing my "go to guy" about these this week.....if something can be done I'll post it
Mikey914
I have been working on some of the seals, can do more with time. One thing I noticed was the comment on the sail trim chrome. I have a aluminum railing business that utilizes anodizing as well as powder coating and have good sources for these as well as some machining and stamping. As far as the chrome it appears that one of my vendors could strip and re-chrome these pieces. I would need some quantity to make it cost effective (say 20 sets) but if there was enough interest I could put together a group batch. I will look into cost but we would be looking at $50-$60 per set. This would not include any metal work, if you have dings they would be shinny dings. But, if it's just that your finish was dull this would make them look new.

The sail to quarter panel is possibly a piece I could have stamped. Once again it's a matter of demand, tooling can be expensive, but this one looks pretty straight forward.
jd74914
A new targa bar to fender trim piece would be excellent (I'm picturing the piece that runs down the back of the targa bar . . . not the bottom) smile.gif
jonferns
A new targa bar to fender trim piece would be excellent (I'm picturing the piece that runs down the back of the targa bar . . .

the curved piece, right?
jd74914
thats what i'm thinking of...
jonferns
I need that too...mines all scratched...
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 10 2007, 09:43 PM) *

As to the side marker lens plastic holder, I'll be seeing my "go to guy" about these this week.....if something can be done I'll post it

Do you need a pic of one? Dimensions?

Any way I can help. I'm willing to buy a bunch, if that helps.
Pat
GWN7
He (Go to Guy) is out for a few days...had his ear opperated on.....won't know till next week.

Thanks for the offer Pat, but not nessary. I have samples here. I need a bunch too.

Added the rubber grommet that goes on the tail light lens housing to the vendors section this week.
freezing14
we also need shift knob,, should be easy for any plastic molder
TJB/914
Here's my repo choice part # 021.903.655-B Alternator Rubber Boot.

It's no longer available from Porsche. I would bet everyone needs one because they don't hold up.

I need a NOS or mint one, anyone have one for sale??

Tom
GWN7
I'll see if I have a good one to copy from...simple mold to do

There looks like there are two part #'s for this part 70-72 is 021-903-655 and 72-76 are 021-903-655B

Any one got one off a early car to see what the difference is?
scotty b
shift linkage cover (boot,plastic housing,thingy) at the tranny.
GWN7
This one? P# 914 424 229 00

Original piece was made in two parts and then glued together. Then cut to be able to fit over the shifter.

TJB/914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 18 2007, 04:44 PM) *

There looks like there are two part #'s for this part 70-72 is 021-903-655 and 72-76 are 021-903-655B

Hi Bruce,

I don't know the difference in the two years?? If you interested in making a repo of the 655-B above boot I can send you mine for a pattern.
I was going to try to glue mine if I can't find a replacement.

Tom
GWN7
Hi Tom,

give me a few days to look thru my parts stash and see what I have. The best one to duplicate would be a new one (no cracks/splits/mising pieces) as any imperfections show up in the mold and then the new piece.
TJB/914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 18 2007, 08:05 PM) *

Hi Tom,

give me a few days to look thru my parts stash and see what I have. The best one to duplicate would be a new one (no cracks/splits/mising pieces) as any imperfections show up in the mold and then the new piece.

Hi Bruce,

I sent you a personal email this morning. Sure hope you can duplicate or reproduce any and all rubber parts. I believe there is a good future market for reproduction rubber replacement parts. The supply is drying up through the Porsche factory.

Tom
TedK
How about

1) Door jam vin sticker with proper punched numbers made to order.

2) Paint code plate in door jam with new mini-rivets or nails or whatever they are,
plus a set of number stamps to borrow or just made(stamped) to order.

Ted K
jonferns

aktion035.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 18 2007, 05:44 PM) *

VW bus suppliers have these! I got one recently. BusDepot.com
TJB/914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 21 2007, 07:36 AM) *

Bleyseng,

Thanks for the cross reference!! I am ordering one & it's a good price. What a great site for other misc. parts. I see Fuel injection hose clamps & F.I. Seal sets along with lots of other stuff that fit 914's.

This site rocks pray.gif

Tom
IronHillRestorations
How about the fuel pump mounts? The rubber cylinder with m6 studs on both ends? They are available from Porsche at something like $26 each!

PS, Bruce I have an NOS alternator air boot if you can't find one. It's the only one I have though and I don't want to destroy it, but if you can pull a mold without ruining it, let me know.
GWN7
Bleyseng's find is why I love this place smile.gif

Perry,

The fuel mounts look really simple to do. And with the usual places charging $28-$35 per (I looked up the prices) I can prob build them for way way less. Just have to see if I have a good one around here to copy.

I have to figure out if the thread pitch is .75, 1 or 1.25 mm and the overall lenght of the m6 bolts, then determine the type of material they are made from, then all that's left is to make them smile.gif

Thanks for the offer of the air boot, but as Bleyseng found a source save it till they run out.

Bruce
GWN7
QUOTE(TedK @ Oct 20 2007, 12:21 PM) *

How about

2) Paint code plate in door jam with new mini-rivets or nails or whatever they are,

Ted K

Ted,

There are a couple threads about the door stickers in the garage. Easy enough to make the stickers. The hard part is finding the right font stamp to make the numbers. The other part is the legality of making them, it still hasn't been determined if making them is or would be legal.

There was someone who was looking at making the door jam plates already. There is a post in the garage about it. Not sure how far along he's got.
McMark
The trim is all hard anodized aluminum, not chrome. wink.gif

The shhifter knob is bakelite, not plastic. wink.gif
JeffBowlsby
We need sunvisors! These went for over $200 on ebay the other day!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 22 2007, 02:22 PM) *

That shows the desperation for sunvisors, but I guess they beat nothing (barely).
Eric_Shea
Rear fog light wiring harness. wink.gif
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 22 2007, 01:22 PM) *

We need sunvisors!

agree.gif
I have to agree that new sunvisors would be AWESOME. With flaps over the mirror and the pocket...the real deal.
beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Oct 21 2007, 09:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 21 2007, 07:36 AM) *

Bleyseng,

Thanks for the cross reference!! I am ordering one & it's a good price. What a great site for other misc. parts. I see Fuel injection hose clamps & F.I. Seal sets along with lots of other stuff that fit 914's.

This site rocks pray.gif

Tom

I recently ordered the boot for the HO alternator (75amps) from them so you can install a HO alt from a camper into a 914. It has a round outlet to the alt.
Cool upgrade for the power challenged wub.gif
914werke
Stickers can be order NEW Appropriat vin punched with verification of ownership from the dealer. smile.gif
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 21 2007, 10:35 PM) *

How about

Ted K

Ted,

There are a couple threads about the door stickers in the garage. Easy enough to make the stickers. The hard part is finding the right font stamp to make the numbers. The other part is the legality of making them, it still hasn't been determined if making them is or would be legal.

There was someone who was looking at making the door jam plates already. There is a post in the garage about it. Not sure how far along he's got.
GWN7
Yes, but they are the new style stickers and they look nothing like the original ones. Z ordered one for his car.........

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Oct 24 2007, 12:06 AM) *

Stickers can be order NEW Appropriat vin punched with verification of ownership from the dealer. smile.gif
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 21 2007, 10:35 PM) *

How about

Ted K

Ted,

914werke
The unpunched version are of the same stock! As for looking *nothing* like ther original, not so true. They are different (text most specifically) but unless you knew what you were looking at and wht diff. to look for ...golden

I did as well for my LE resto and it looks almost identical except for text printed on the sticker.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 22 2007, 07:35 PM) *

Rear fog light wiring harness. wink.gif

agree.gif I need one.

Tom
TedK
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Oct 24 2007, 01:44 PM) *

I did as well for my LE resto and it looks almost identical except for text printed on the sticker.

Could you post a close-up shot of the finished product?

Ted K
914rrr
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 22 2007, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 22 2007, 02:22 PM) *

That shows the desperation for sunvisors, but I guess they beat nothing (barely).

How many teeners would be interested in dead-on accurate sun visor reproductions (with mirror and flap) at $200 per pair?

I've been looking into this, and it is do-able. Problem is, the set up and tooling charges would be substantial $$$$$'s .

GWN7
Miles bought a set of these for the submarine and said they looked very nice.... http://www.autosunvisors.com/restoration.htm
914werke
QUOTE(TedK @ Oct 25 2007, 07:09 PM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Oct 24 2007, 01:44 PM) *

Could you post a close-up shot of the finished product?

Ted K

If you do a search on my id and "partsman" you chould find one.

R.
914rrr
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 26 2007, 01:04 AM) *

Miles bought a set of these for the submarine and said they looked very nice.... http://www.autosunvisors.com/restoration.htm

Were they similar to the 911 visors (without mirror)?
GWN7
I think they were.........but as these people are in the business of making new ones, if they were shown the numbers they prob could make the correct ones
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.