Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pressure senssor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
41ghost
who can i get to rebuild a pressure senssor or get instructions to rebuild myself, or just get a working one from somewhere. found that the one one myfriends car is not working and most likely is the problem with the stutter,s .
41ghost
know body out there know about these?
type47
is it Bleyseng (sic?) who rebuilds and calibrates the MPS? search the name and that should provide contact info.
Dave_Darling
You rebuild them by taking them apart, then finding the NLA parts that have failed, then putting them back together. Sadly, the typical failure is that the diaphragm inside the MPS ruptures, and there doesn't seem to be a decent replacement available anywhere.

--DD
SLITS
Search for Geoff Bleyseng(?) on this board .... he was doing them.

Otherwise, it is Fuel Injection Corp, Livermore, CA (bought Brett Instruments) - or Python Injection, Stanton, CA. Maybe others, but I don't know.

Damp Dave is correct, but the "O" ring that seals the halves can also take a crap. Go to your local Automotive Recycling Facility (Junkyard) and get one off of a Mercedes Benz, VW, BMW, Volvo, and a few others. If it holds vacuum .... the diaphrams are still good. Use the good diaphrams in your bad unit.

I can get them rebuilt if I supply extra cores with good diaphrams, but the cost will wind up being about $225 - $250 (Core +Core + Rebuild).

The "rebuilt" ones that use the stamped steel diaphrams don't work real well as the steel was not as flexible as the beryllium/copper originally used.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.